The Kitchen Coordinator is directly responsible for the general management of the Beth Israel kitchen, in accordance with the established policies of the Board of Directors and the Synagogue. The Kitchen Coordinator works closely with the Director of Operations, Beth Jarvis, and the entire professional staff.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen including Servsafe certification and knowledge of applicable health codes.
- Follow budget guidelines, and prepare income and expense projects as requested.
- Maintain the level of Kashrut as approved by Rabbi Nadav Caine. Familiarity with running a kosher kitchen is a plus
- Manage, hire, and train additional kitchen staff as needed.
- Prep and serve kiddush luncheon every Saturday in conjunction with other kitchen staff.
- Prep and serve food at additional events as scheduled in conjunction with other kitchen staff.
- Advise congregants on menu options for sponsored luncheons for events (Bar/Bat Mitzvah, etc.). Coordinate with office staff for billing purposes.
- Order, shop or arrange delivery of all supplies (both food and non-food) needed based on upcoming events.
Requirements: 3–4 years experience leading a kitchen. This position requires mobility and the ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 pounds. Must have experience running larger events (250+ attendees). Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Hours: Up to 25 per week – especially Saturdays.
Please submit resumes to Beth Jarvis at [email protected]
Beth Israel is a fully egalitarian mid-sized Conservative congregation that affirms inclusion in Jewish life. We are passionate about engagement in Judaism through the study of Torah, acts of loving-kindness and tikkun olam (repairing the world) in our congregation and community, and through meaningful worship that draws on the skills and dedication of our members. For more information, visit our website athttp://www.bethisrael-aa.org/.