Sid Jacobson JCC and its surrounding campus, the Bernice Jacobson Day School and Camp provide a full range of cutting-edge recreational, health, fitness, educational, cultural arts, and social services programs. We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and strive to create and maintain an environment that is inclusive, equitable, and welcoming. We are dedicated to serving every aspect of community wellness, regardless of age or ability. We promote physical health through our innovative health and wellness center, while also providing for emotional and spiritual health through a variety of divorce, bereavement, and cancer support groups. In addition, we are Long Island’s hub that addresses social justice, uses social action to better our society, and provides volunteers with the opportunity to give back.
We are changing the world. Be part of that change.
- When you hear the words “Mission Impossible,” is your response, “Challenge accepted!”?
- Are you great at juggling multiple tasks and activities?
- Does being part of a team in a high energy, fast-paced environment excite you?
- Are you looking for more than a job?
If you answered yes to these questions, please read on.
As our agency continues to evolve and grow, we find ourselves looking for a new team member to assist us in delivering a high-quality experience to every client, every time. He/She/They will be able to coordinate, identify, develop, and maintain key long-term relationships with individual and corporate donors and prospects, primarily through the lens of special events. This includes donor communications and event planning and support. This full-time Development Associate, Special Events and Individual Giving will work with the Associate Director of Development, staff, board members and volunteers to drive fundraising activity including individual giving, large-scale special events, corporate giving, planned giving & endowments and a capital campaign. This position is in Nassau County (East Hills), Long Island.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
· Plan, coordinate and manage large-scale special events in conjunction with JCC staff, lay leadership and event committees with the goal of maximizing fundraising, community building and attendee experience
· Collaborate on all event marketing/branding to ensure the strategic integration of JCC messaging throughout all aspects of the event
· Identify and secure sponsors for all events and meet revenue targets
· Maintain event budgets and revenue tracking, in partnership with Development and Finance staff
· Develop strategies to cultivate new relationships, events and partnerships that result in increased revenue and publicity
· Additional duties as assigned by supervisor and Executive Director
· Maintain a portfolio of individual donors and prospects
· Identify, develop, and maintain key long-term relationships with individual and corporate donors and prospects
· Collaborate on targeted marketing and communications to donors, including, personalized e- mails, reports, and proposals
· Manage volunteer groups including donor societies and committees
· Create individual and corporate donor strategies
· Prepare customized briefing and solicitation materials for both corporate and individual prospects
· Strategize and manage planned giving and endowment campaign
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
· 3-5 years of development experience, including major gift and event success
· Undergraduate degree in relevant field, advance degree preferred
· Large-scale special event planning
· Comfort, fluency and experience in working with major gift prospects and lay leadership
· Ability to contribute at a strategic level and work collaboratively as part of a team
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize work items
· Strong attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude
· Self-motivated with ability to take initiative; desire to surpass expectations
· Knowledge of and familiarity with the New York & Jewish philanthropic communities preferred
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite
· Fluency with web-based donor management systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Age-inclusive Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Health Insurance, Paid time off, Retirement Plan, 100% agency sponsored Pension Plan, Employee Discounts
Sid Jacobson JCC is a beneficiary agency of the UJA Federation of New York.