StandWithUs is an international and non-partisan Israel education organization that inspires and educates people of all ages and backgrounds, challenges misinformation, and fights antisemitism. StandWithUs empowers and energizes students and communities with leadership training and educational programs on hundreds of college campuses, high schools, and middle schools. StandWithUs informs through social media, print and digital materials, films, weekly newsletters, and missions to Israel. StandWithUs works on five continents with chapters throughout the U.S., Canada, Israel, the UK, Brazil, and South Africa.
StandWithUs’ Northwest regional office is seeking an Associate Director to support our organization’s growth locally.
The Northwest region’s signature program, which started in 2009, is the Shaliach (Israeli Educator) Program, through which we bring a young Israeli to the region to educate about Israel from a uniquely Israeli perspective. Our visiting shlichim have spoken with over 180,000 people since then, mostly in area high schools. We also conduct occasional community events to help connect our local communities to Israel’s story and history.
The Associate Director reports to the Executive Director of the Northwest Region and consists of three main categories of activity:
- Managing bookings and logistics for the shaliach to speak with high schools and other audiences
- Outreach to donors and prospective donors to enhance their connection to StandWithUs and to request current year donations
- Supporting the regional team with marketing and logistics of occasional live and virtual events
The role will include regular in-person outreach and/or speaking engagements with schools, community groups, and faith groups. The ability to build rapport, listen carefully, communicate professionally, and follow through diligently are critical success factors in this role. Strong organizational skills and a friendly personality are also essential.
Shaliach Program Management:
- Promote the shaliach as a valuable educational resource using email marketing to high school teachers and administrators across the region
- Book speaking gigs, confirm the necessary details with the teacher, and schedule them on the shaliach’s calendar
- Leverage creative strategies to gain entry into new classrooms and other venues
- Contact current and former donors to enhance their connection to StandWithUs and/or to request current-year donations
- Develop prospects and research individuals and foundations to evaluate the potential for giving and making grants to StandWithUs
- Consistently track conversations and key actions in the StandWithUs donor management system, Raiser’s Edge
- Organize logistics prior to events
- Assist with marketing and publicity of events
- Provide support on the day of the event
About You (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising, sales, or other strategic communications
- Friendly, confident, and people-oriented person with a passion for Israel education and combating antisemitism
- Knowledge of Israel’s history, culture, and current affairs
- Able to speak respectfully with people across the political, religious, and ideological spectrum
- An organized self-starter, able to be productive working alone or with a small team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have reliable transportation
This is a full-time position with salary DOE and benefits. Please apply by sending your resume and a cover letter to [email protected].