Camp Nurse at Eden Village West
June 6th - August 4th, 2022 ~3-week contracts also available~
Camp Nurse position available at an organic farm-to-table sleepaway camp!
Eden Village West is an organic farm-to-table Jewish camp in Sonoma County, California. Our 3rd-11th grade campers enjoy farming, wilderness and homesteading skills, culinary arts, music and sports as they become empowered to promote a more environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually connected world for all.
Our Camp Nurses are the primary care providers on-site and our Medical Director is available 24/7 for consultation and visits camp as needed.
Camp Nurses are responsible for:
- Setting up our health center at the beginning of summer season
- Reviewing camper medical records before campers arrive
- Medication administration
- Implementing camp first aid protocols
- Staffing daily open clinic hours - assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for campers and staff
- Computer-based MAR documentation
- On call overnight responsibilities
- Acting as liaison between the camp doctor, camp administrators, camp counselors and parents concerning diagnoses, prescriptions and treatments
- Educating parents and camp staff about children’s health issues
- Leading breakdown of the health center once camp is over
- Live in residence at camp in Healdsburg, California during staff training, summer camp, and post camp wrap-up (June 9th - August 4th). 3-week contracts are also available.
- Position requires a valid LVN, RN, or NP license in the state of California
- Current CPR and First Aid training
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Excellent organization, communication, and people skills
Part time- $1250 / week + Room & Board (min 3 weeks)
Full time- $10,625 (8.5 weeks) + Room & Board
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Casey Yurow, Camp Director, at [email protected] or call Casey at 510-822-2194.