Campus Marketing and Development Manager
Hillel International is seeking a passionate and driven marketing and fundraising professional to serve as Campus Marketing and Development Manager. This is an exciting position on a growing team with an opportunity to make an immediate impact on the lives of thousands of Jewish college students. The deadline to apply is March 1.
The Campus Marketing and Development Manager will be responsible for supporting the grassroots fundraising and marketing efforts of a portfolio of three campus Hillels. Top candidates will have a strong background in digital marketing and/or fundraising, with an emphasis on excellent writing and skilled graphic design, and developing impactful campaigns using data-driven strategies to produce results.
We are seeking the most qualified and exceptional candidate regardless of location—remote work welcome.
What You’ll Bring to the Position
- 3-6 years of work experience in marketing and/or fundraising
- History of planning and executing successful digital and multichannel campaigns
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong graphic design experience using the Adobe suite, Canva, or similar software to produce designs for print and digital production
- Superior organizational, planning and project management skills; must be detail-oriented
- Sophisticated understanding of audience segmentation and using data to inform decision-making
- Experience creating content for digital and social media
- Knowledge of email marketing platform(s) such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar programs
- Familiarity using a database or CRM to build reports and/or segment audiences
- Passion for entrepreneurship and pioneering new projects
- Connection to Jewish life and/or Hillel
What You’ll Own
- Lead planning, implementation, and execution of multichannel grassroots fundraising and marketing campaigns for a portfolio of three Hillels, including:
o Digital fundraising, including email, website, and social media
o Direct mail fundraising program
o Giving Tuesday, Hillel Global Giving Week, and campus Giving Days
o Wealth screening
- Create an annual grassroots fundraising and marketing campaign calendar, including stewardship touchpoints, appeal and renewal messaging, and email newsletters
- Optimize campaigns for cadence, messaging, and segmentation to maximize income
- Lead direct response fundraising when opportunities arise
- Incorporate A/B testing, personalization, and other digital marketing best practices
- Create digital and social media advertising campaigns on Facebook/Instagram and other platforms, optimizing copy, images/video, and audiences for conversion
- Use reporting tools to measure and monitor the progress of the overall campaigns in order to meet or exceed fundraising goals
- Successfully manage concurrent timelines and campaigns for all three Hillels
- Potential to provide leadership and mentoring to marketing and development student interns
What You’ll Get out of the Position
- Competitive salary of $55-65K
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, unlimited vacation, generous sick time, and parental leave.
- Paid travel opportunities
- Professional development and continuing education stipend
- The ability to lead and grow new initiatives from the ground up? with support from senior management
Hillel International Marketing Team Values
- Hard Work – Going above and beyond to reach our goals
- Data-Informed Decisions – Using past results to inform decisions and support future outcomes
- Creativity – Working collaboratively to turn good ideas into great ideas
- Preparation – Planning ahead allows us to do our best work and to be flexible in the moment
- Gratitude – Acknowledging and thanking our partners, both internal and external. It takes a village.
If you have questions, please reach out to Jessica Rundle (Talent Acquisition) [email protected] or Rachel Gordon (Hiring Manager) [email protected]
- Hiring Process and Timeline
- Applications will close Friday, February 3rd at 5pm EST
- The formal interview process will begin on January 23rd and close by February 28th.
- We hope to have someone in place by mid March
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center:
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local
Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.