Do you love working with children and families? Are you an organized and energetic self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic school environment? Temple Ohabei Shalom is seeking a skilled Education Programs Registrar to support its dynamic education programs Trust Center for Early Education (children ages 15 months – 5 years old), HomeBASE Afterschool Program (children in grades k-5) and Ansin Religious School (weekly program children in grades k-12).
The Education Programs Registrar is a full-time employee of Temple Ohabei Shalom. The EPR is a member of the Education Administration Team, reports to the Executive Director of Education and Administration and works in partnership with the TOS clergy, staff, and teachers. This is a highly visible role which demands excellent customer service skills, a high level of professionalism and willingness to handle all planning and administrative details for our dynamic education programs in the following areas:
- Admissions, Registration and Attendance
- Account Management
- Human Resources
- Community Building and Logistics
A complete job description can be found here.
Strong applicants will possess the following skills listed below. Applicants with varying competencies are encouraged to apply, provided that they display the ability to successfully perform the job description. You might be a good fit if you are:
- Able to work in a dynamic environment, respond to last minute changes and requests with flexibility and equanimity.
- Highly organized, ability to multitask and have excellent attention to detail
- Able to handle all situations in a professional and calm manner. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- A team player with strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills, including a warm and welcoming phone personality
- Self-motivated, ability to self-manage and be proactive, comfortable taking initiative.
- Possess high emotional intelligence, communicate effectively with diverse personalities.
- Able to work in a dynamic environment with changing demands and expectations
Basic knowledge of Department of Early Education and Care regulations, Jewish holidays, customs and community a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent prefered
- A minimum 3 years administrative or related experience preferred
- Proficient in office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook , Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive; and familiarity with communication platforms including, Microsoft Teams, Google Forms, Zoom, Constant Contact, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media. Database Experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Shari Churwin, Executive Director of Education and Administration [email protected]
We want our team to reflect the diversity of our world and are committed to diversifying our employees and welcomes applications from those groups that have historically been underrepresented in our organization—people of color, people with disabilities and LGBTQ people.