Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. Ranked by BBJ as Massachusetts’ largest non-profit organization – CJP is a philanthropic investor and mobilizer of people, resources, and skills that make a bigger difference locally and globally. We focus on making Jewish life and learning accessible to all individuals and families in Boston and beyond. We thoughtfully invest in the care and well-being of all community members. And we provide stability and growth to nonprofit organizations and institutions that underpin our community. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners, and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Project and Communications Coordinator.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Strategy & Impact, the Project and Communications Coordinator works across the Strategy and Impact department to support critical projects and communications related to CJP’s Strategic Investment Priorities (SIPs) and the department as a whole. This role provides flexible project support and will also require liaising with other departments across a matrixed organization.
The Coordinator must be able to prioritize tasks, take initiative in identifying problems and devising solutions, and produce high-quality written material and presentations. They will enjoy working on discrete projects and actively seek out opportunities to ensure collaboration across departments at CJP, while promoting a nimble work environment.
- Work with members of the Strategy & Impact leadership team and portfolio managers on a dynamic portfolio of projects (typically two or three at a time) including working on project plans, meeting coordination, communications, and other duties as assigned.
- Projects may include coordinating activities related to volunteer task force(s) or working group(s), the launch of new programmatic partnerships, and cross-functional teams.
- Ensure meetings are actionable by documenting notes and action items.
- Identify and execute creative ways to optimize communication flow within the Strategy & Impact department and from Strategy & Impact to other departments and teams. This may include preparing and updating slide decks on a regular basis that communicate progress against goals, “digest”-type communications that share regular updates across the department and organization and participating in cross-functional conversations to share information on how to optimize communication flow.
- Meeting prep and support for meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned with or without accommodation.
- 3-5 years of related experience supporting the project implementation and coordination and/or high-level administrative support.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and organization of complex deliverables.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and thrive in a matrixed organization
- Extremely strong written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to be proactive and thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with staff, volunteer leaders, community organization staff
- Ability to work on projects, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet, Zoom; ability to quickly learn new technology
- Commitment to CJP’s mission
- Availability for evening and/or weekend events/meetings
- Ability to travel to outside meetings and sites
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ShowJob=419863564
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.