Reports to: Director of Annual Giving
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Friday 9:00 am -1:30 pm with weekend events at times
Salary Range: $60,000-$80,000
Since 1927, the Yeshivah of Flatbush has stood at the forefront of American Jewish education and has set the standard of excellence emulated by other academic institutions. It has imbued its students with a thirst for knowledge, a commitment toTorah and Zionism, a love of the Hebrew language and the dedication to serve the greater Jewish and secular communities. The school philosophy is a synthesis of Judaic studies, liberal arts and extracurricular activities that places great emphasis on the students' character development. It has evolved into a unique complement of Jewish and American values that focuses on all aspects of education and enables our graduates to meet the challenges of college and life. In the years to come, we look forward to continuing the traditions of excellence, innovation and leadership that have made us a world-renowned institution.
The mission of the Yeshivah of Flatbush is to:
- EMPOWER our students to develop exceptional character and intellect.
- EDUCATE through a rigorous Torah b'Ivrit and General Studies program with a robust set of co-curricular opportunities in a supportive and nurturing environment.
- INSPIRE a love for and commitment to Torah U'Mitzvot, Medinat Yisrael, and Klal Yisrael with responsibility to advance the welfare of all humanity.
Yeshivah of Flatbush seeks a proven planner and doer with demonstrated success in relationship-building skills to become Alumni Engagement Coordinator. The successful candidate must have a passion for the mission of YOF and be a highly articulate communicator, skilled at making a compelling case for school support. S/he will be responsible for planning, directing, and managing all alumni activity, concentrating on events and engagement.
- Identify alumni donor prospects through research and cultivation.
- Plan and execute a robust alumni program that includes high-end events and special programs.
- Organize 10-year, 25-year, and 50-year reunions annually, leading and collaborating with each class’ reunion committee on all aspects of the event.
- Produce an alumni newsletter.
- Build and maintain an alumni website, alumni campaign donation pages, and social media pages.
- Communicate with vendors to produce, print, and mail all materials.
Relationship Building and Retention:
- Oversee stewardship and cultivation of alumni
- Plan and create meetings with alumni for solicitation of gifts
- Send gift packages to alumni (baby bibs, thank yous to reunion committee members)
- Monthly birthday cards
- BDE email notices and condolence cards
- Reach out to and interview alumni for newsletters
- Liaise with different departments (Communication, IT, Operations and Finance) for all event needs
- Coordinate with vendors for events (caterer, swag, photographer, video editing, printing, graphic design, IT, security, maintenance)
- Collaborate with alumni committee and class leaders on logistics and planning of reunions
- Produce reunion event journals
- Disseminate and analyze post-event surveys
- Engage in superior customer service to current and potential donors, supporters and members.
- Prospect research
- Log donor communications and interactions in the database
- Maintain and update the integrity of information in the database and ensure data is entered consistently and accurately.
- Run reports in order to pull lists for campaigns, invitations, or other initiatives as requested.
Other tasks in support of the Director of Annual Giving may be assigned, including but not limited to grant writing and development’s marketing and fundraising projects.
The ideal candidate will possess outstanding excellent planning, fundraising and communication skills. S/he will have experience in a collaborative work environment and must be comfortable working across a large, fast-paced, complex organization, with a strong ability to multitask. S/he will be a planner with a demonstrated ability to set priorities and to develop and implement thoughtful, clear, action-oriented growth strategies for YOF.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong event planning abilities with strong attention to details.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of computer proficiency with advanced skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to build comprehensive, effective and creative programs.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills.
- Experience with donor databases.
- Strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure while remaining outgoing and positive.
- Prior non-profit experience highly desirable
- Basic Hebrew reading and writing a plus
- Time management skills are critical.
- Ability to switch back and forth between projects regularly and with ease.
- A can-do attitude
- A keen eye toward customer (alumni) service in all spaces.
- Handle alumni inquiries on a constant basis (purchase a sweatshirt, BDE notice, transcript inquiries, etc.)
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include medical, retirement and vacation.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]