Title: Southern States Associate Director
Reports to: Southern States Director
Location: Miami preferred, will consider highly qualified candidates living in South Florida or elsewhere in southern United States
The Community Security Service (CSS) is the leading organization for training American Jewish volunteers to protect their communities. At CSS, our mission is simple: Protect Jewish Life and Jewish Way of Life. Through our tiered programs and training, volunteers learn to identify threats and proactively safeguard their synagogues, institutions, and events. We have trained over 5,000 volunteers across denominations and regions in the United States on situational awareness and operational security.
The Southern States Associate Director will be a key partner in implementing CSS’ southern states expansion strategy. Reporting to the Southern States Director, the Associate Director will have a deep familiarity with Jewish institutions and synagogues across the region, and will be proactive at building and maintaining relationships. The Associate Director will also oversee recruitment for and implementation of CSS’ young professionals training program. We are looking for an individual who shares a passion for CSS’ mission, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Build and cultivate relationships with synagogues and Jewish institutions throughout the southern United States
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize CSS’ programmatic implementation
- Recruit candidates for and oversee young professionals leadership program
- Partner with regional staff nation-wide on creating programmatic opportunities and member engagement strategies
- Maintain success metrics for southern states region, and evaluate effectiveness of expansion strategy
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience in nonprofit, program development, civic engagement, organizational or community capacity building, synagogue administration, or other relevant field preferred
- Experience building connections with community groups
- Strong familiarity with Florida/southern region Jewish institutions and synagogues
- Experience overseeing leadership development programs, or similar public-facing programs
- Ability to persuasively and succinctly explain organizational programming
- Ability to be proactive with minimal supervision
- Strong familiarity with Google suite software
- Interest in volunteer security
- Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality
Must live in the southern United States, with a strong preference for Miami, and must be eligible to work in the US. This position is currently work from home, and should be available for occasional evenings and weekends. Some travel as needed, less than 10%.
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected], with Southern States Associate Director as the subject of the email. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.