If working for an organization that supports the land and people of Israel excites you, then join us and you needn't wait another minute to change the world!
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit an experienced Fundraiser/Sales Professional in the New England region. You will be cultivating donors, maintaining existing relationships, and supporting the New England and Capital Districts campaign team. The successful candidate must be an experienced professional who is a "go-getter" and must combine sophisticated leadership with an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, results-oriented, and have a clear passion for the Jewish National Fund USA's mission and Israel.
This candidate can be based anywhere within the New England and Capital Districts region, but must have the ability to travel regularly through the region.
- Build meaningful relationships with passionate, interesting, and philanthropic individuals and families who care about Israel, at least 5 meetings per week
- Inspire donors to support our work simply by sharing your passion and love for Israel and the Jewish people and the our groundbreaking work in Israel
- Work with our forward-thinking team to develop an 18-24-month plan to grow the campaigns, and expand JNF – USA's footprint in the region
- Build niche communities of donors through working with creative volunteers. Portfolio may include managing committees and affinity groups such as: the Women for Israel campaign, Lawyers for Israel, Doctors for Israel and more.
- Ensure Israel's future and Inspire donors to create a legacy through our planned giving program and corporate sponsorships
- Work closely with key movers and shakers in the community, develop a leadership cohort and empower them to help you grow the campaign
- Engagement of the community with JNF - USA, including recruitment for missions, National Conference, and local and national events
- Lead and manage fundraising events in the region, which may include dinners, parlor meetings, virtual meetings with affiliates in Israel, and more
- Travel within the US and internationally, which may include Missions to Israel, Jewish National Fund National Conference, and Staff Conference
- Any other duties that your Supervisor may assign to you
- At least 5 years of experience in fundraising, or proven sales experience in a client driven business
- Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, as well as an interest in advancing the organizations fundraising goals
- Reliable and strong communication skills including experience in presenting and public speaking
- Knowledge of the Jewish Community in your region
- Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation and solicitation, and stewardship.
- A flexible and creative thinker that is able to find and create new giving opportunities for programs.
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Parental Leave policy
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Salary range will depend on experience level, but can fall within the approximate range of $80,000-$120,000.
WHAT WE DO
Jewish National Fund strives to bring an enhanced quality of life to all of Israel's residents and translate these advancements to the world beyond. JNF is "greening" the desert with millions of trees, building thousands of parks across Israel, creating new communities and cities for generations of Israelis to call home, bolstering Israel's water supply, helping develop innovative arid agriculture techniques and educating both young and old about the founding and importance of Israel and Zionism. JNF is the single largest provider of Zionist programs in the U.S. Its work is divided into seven program areas: Forestry & Green Innovations, Water Solutions, Community Building, Zionist Education & Advocacy, Research & Development, Heritage Sites, and Disabilities & Special Needs.
SINCE 1901, JNF HAS:
• Planted more than 250 million trees
• Built over 250 reservoirs and dams
• Developed over 250,000 acres of land
• Created more than 2,000 parks
• Provided the infrastructure for over 1,000 communities
• Connected thousands of children and young adults to Israel and their heritage
Jewish National Fund prides itself on honoring the pioneers of the past and celebrating their spirit by continuing the pioneering tradition in the areas of technology, environmental progress, community development, water renewal and building the land of Israel for many years to come.
Jewish National Fund affirms the bonds of the Jewish family with their strength of unity, the understanding that each member can make a difference and the collective power to build prosperity, develop innovative solutions and promote the greater good.
OUR CREDENTIALS & PARTNERSHIPS
A registered 501(c)(3) organization, Jewish National Fund is recognized as a 4-star organization by Charity Navigator, America's leading independent charity evaluator, for its sound fiscal management, accountability, and transparency. JNF has also been rated a top charity by the American Institute of Philanthropy and meets the 20 rigorous standards of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Wise Giving Alliance, and the transparency standards of Tzedakah, Inc. No other Jewish organization meets all these standards.
We are ViZion-driven relationship-based, fast-paced, and Positively Israel!
OUR CORE VALUES
Be Bold: Beyond. We are proud and passionate, vocal, and visionary about Israel and Zionism. We pride ourselves on our out-of-the-box thinking and the great things it accomplishes for the land and with the people of Israel.
Belong: Stay long. We are an inclusive and diverse workplace welcoming and respecting all cultures, ages, religions, ethnicities, genders, orientations, and physical abilities. Understanding that a work-life balance is crucial to the success of our organization, we are empathetic, understanding, caring, appreciative, and respectful of one another as we strive to develop and retain our professionals and donors for the long-run.
Be Inscribed: Be the Impact. To walk in the land of Israel and see the impact of our work instills the greatest sense of fulfillment. We strive for each employee to make their mark, leave their footprint, be heard, and feel relevant as together we help ensure the vibrancy of Israel for the next 100 years. We plant the future, not just trees.
Be Kind: Act with Chesed. At JNF-USA we do not underestimate the power of kindness. We use recognition and praise to motivate teams, individuals, donors, and stakeholders. We are proud of our please and thank you's. We listen and lend a helping hand when a co-worker is challenged. Whether random or deliberate acts, kindness is a key ingredient to our positive workplace and mindset.
B'Yachad: Together. Great collaboration between our employees, donors and affiliates in Israel is a priority: everyone matters no matter their role. We recognize that open and inspirational communication, teamwork, and collegiality is a force multiplier in reaching our goals, mission, and vision. Jewish National Fund-USA exemplifies the power of unity.