About Jewish National Fund-USA (Jewish National Fund-USA):
Jewish National Fund-USA (JNF-USA) is the leading philanthropic organization for the land and people of Israel. Driven by a powerful 122 year legacy of changing lives and livelihoods, JNF-USA is a partner (donor) led, independent 501 (c)(3) non-profit that's attracting 800,000 new residents to Israel's Negev Desert and Galilee through its visionary One Billion Dollar Roadmap for the Next Decade.
JNF-USA is creating a brighter future for residents living on Israel's frontier as it builds parks, playgrounds, medical centers, schools, resilience centers, bomb shelters, and so much more. In addition, JNF-USA's supports people with disabilities; brings farmers from developing nations to Israel to learn about sustainable agriculture; and makes philanthropic investments in agricultural and water R&D. In fact, thanks to Jewish National Fund-USA, Israel has become the global leader in water recycling. Jewish National Fund-USA is also changing the narrative on university campuses through its work with college student leaders and professors beyond the Jewish faith through its Caravan for Democracy Student Leadership Mission to Israel and Faculty Fellowship Program in Israel and Alexander Muss High School semester abroad program.
If working for an organization that supports the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere excites you, then join us and you needn't wait another minute to change the world.
The Administrative Assistant is there to provide clerical and organizational support to the Jewish National Fund-USA Rockville Centre office by meeting the administrative needs and goals related to the Jewish National Fund-USA Campaign. This is a full-time position based out of our Northbrook office.
- Under the direction of the Center of Excellence Director, provides administrative support to multiple fundraisers
- Answer telephones providing customer service to donors, board, volunteers and the community-at-large
- Extensive donor database management and report creation utilizing Salesforce
- Generate reports and ensure accuracy of records
- Process and code event pledges, donations, and payments accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage event registration and preparation of materials, including name badges, pledge cards, seating, payments and donations
- Enter event seating provided by fundraiser into the events module in Salesforce
- Process invoices and check requests for submission to accounts payable
- Filing, fulfillment, and shipping
- Correspondence, mail merges and general office support
- Assist with scheduling meetings, calls and virtual meetings when needed
- Coordinate speaker schedules, travel and accommodations as needed
- Assist with administrative duties and special projects as directed
- Superb interpersonal skills including communication and organizational skills
- Superior customer service and telephone etiquette
- Must be extremely dependable and be able to work quickly and accurately
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects to meet deadlines and manage activities within abusy office
- Must be flexible and able to accommodate last minute requests
- Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Salesforce database) and basic math/accounting skills are a must
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Previous experience in development organization preferred
- BA/BS degree is preferred
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Salary range depends on experience level, but can fall within the range $40,000-43,000.