Sephardic Community Alliance Executive Director
Founded over a decade ago, The Sephardic Community Alliance (SCA) is an umbrella organization working on behalf of the Sephardic communities of Brooklyn, NY and Deal, NJ. With over 50 affiliate institutions and resource partners, we develop educational and cultural programing that help navigate the challenges and opportunities of engaging with the modern world, while maintaining our traditional values and close connection to religion. Focus areas of our work include preparing our young adults for the environment on college campus and beyond, young leadership development, social media literacy, combating anti-Semitism, Israel advocacy, and providing Torah classes and religious resources for constituents of all ages.
The SCA is seeking an organized and motivated professional to help accommodate our rapid growth by transitioning from a primarily volunteer driven organization, to one more structured and professionalized. The Executive should have an entrepreneurial spirit and be passionate about education, building community, youth development, and the issues that face the Jewish people. The Executive Director should feel comfortable interacting with lay leaders, Rabbis, professionals at other organizations, donors, as well as volunteers and young adults. Strong communication skills, and a willingness and ability to be hands on is essential. The job is moslty remote, but must be in the NYC area to attend in person meetings as needed.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the SCA
- Manage existing programming, and identify areas for their potential growth
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to identify, create and implement new programming and projects that meet the strategic goals of the organization.
- Build relationships and grow coordination with and amongst our affiliate partners, educators, and Rabbis.
- Expand our existing network of outside organizations (resource partners) that help the SCA bring best in class content and programing to our community members and affiliates.
- Oversee marketing, public communications and social media.
- Oversee fundraising events, strategies, and donor stewardship.
- Identify and apply for appropriate grants.
- Work with board to develop annual budget and cash flows.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements (legal and accounting support as needed).
- Organize and facilitate Board meeting.
- Support the all-volunteer board in their work and help prepare them for major meetings and events.
- Experience with Jewish institutions/organizations with a familiarity of Jewish religious and educational customs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of 5+ year experience of professional non-profit work
- Experience working with a volunteer board.
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting.
- Successful track record of programing development, execution, and project management.
- Ability to form strategic partnerships inside an outside the SCA.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
**Please send resumes to [email protected]**