EDUCATION AND FAMILY ENGAGEMENT ADMINISTRATOR
Reporting to the Education Director, and in cooperation with the Rabbi, Executive Director, and fellow support staff of Congregation Beth Judea (CBJ) in Long Grove, IL, the Education and Family Engagement Administrator is an essential role that assists in the efficient operation of the CBJ administrative office and the CBJ religious school. Further duties include assisting in the development and execution of programming, engagement opportunities and outreach that increase youth and family participation in CBJ synagogue life.
- Positive working environment with friendly team
- Feel-good, mission-based work
- Rewarding community interaction and family engagement
- Family-friendly work schedule with majority of work hours aligned to match typical school hours; some hours to align with programs and religious school
- Assisting the Education Director by maintaining school records and supplies and crafting regular communications with parents
- Keep website up-to-date with pictures, event information and school information
- Organize B’nai Mitzvah students’ lessons and materials
- Assist in developing and facilitating young family programing and outreach initiatives.
- General office administrative functions
The ideal candidate will have high emotional intelligence with the capacity to create positive, welcoming interactions with current-member young families and with potential member families and to be personable in working with our Clergy, Staff, Support Staff, Educators, Congregants (inclusive of parents of religious school students,) Volunteers, and Vendors.
- Basic knowledge of Jewish holidays and rituals
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of basic website/social media platforms with the ability and/or capacity to learn to use such tools as a means of outreach
- Must be highly organized and exhibit exceptional attention to detail
- Must be able to take initiative and manage/prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage time
- Must have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Likes organizing, managing, and executing various projects and tasks
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, but is intended to be a generalized description of the primary job responsibilities and expectations.
About Congregation Beth Judea:
Congregation Beth Judea is an egalitarian, conservative synagogue in Long Grove, IL. We are proud of how each member brings his or her own story to our diverse community—such as those who have a multi-generational history at our congregation and those new to the city or Congregation Beth Judea, of all ages and backgrounds who are seeking a Jewish community – a place to call home.
$45,000 - $55,000 + Competitive Benefits Package; Negotiable
Please email resume and cover letter to: