Executive Director Job Description
Temple B’nai Israel
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: The Board President and supports the Rabbi, Board, committee chairs and congregants.
For more than 70 years, Temple B’nai Israel (TBI) has flourished, serving Easton and the surrounding communities on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. TBI is a vibrant, welcoming and participatory Jewish congregation, active in the community at large and home to 145 family units. We are an inclusive, multi-generational congregation that supports interfaith couples, racial equality, diversity and inclusion and fosters strong connections with the Union of Reform Judaism. Easton is a vibrant growing area on the Chesapeake Bay under 70 miles from both Washington DC and Baltimore MD.
We are seeking an Executive Director to help this exciting community thrive and grow.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree in non-profit management or business administration desired.
- 3-5+ years management experience in a non-profit or corporate setting.
- Demonstrated self starter able to manage and sustain collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of Reform Jewish values, rituals, customs and holiday practices.
- Strong interpersonal, diplomatic and political skills to relate effectively with clergy, staff, lay leadership, volunteers, and members of the congregation.
- Demonstrated expertise and competence in financial management, budgeting, recordkeeping, payroll administration and preparation of ongoing reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Word, Excel, Quickbooks, website and database management and social media platforms. Knowledge of ShulCloud is a plus.
- Candidate should have the ability to work on High Holy Days and occasional event weeknights/weekends where needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position, providing paid vacation and sick days; professional membership association dues, US Holidays and a healthcare allowance. Some remote work possible after initial onboarding.
Salary is in the $70,000 range to start commensurate with experience and skills.
If you feel that your skills and interests match this position and our needs, we look forward to hearing from you. Please send a cover letter along with your resume to Barbara Spector at [email protected]
More detailed information about this position/job responsibilities is available upon request.