Are you looking to join a collaborative, thoughtful, dynamic, and exciting full-time team? Do you look at situations with eyes wide open, eager to elevate constituent experiences?
Wilshire Boulevard Temple, a vibrant, thriving reform synagogue in Los Angeles and host to a three-campus, K-12 Religious School program, is looking to welcome one full-time, experienced individual to our leadership team.
You are a dedicated and passionate educator who cares deeply about the Jewish education and the overall well-being of our students and their positive Jewish experience. You thrive on opportunities for collaboration, and you are a self-starter. You understand the complexities of a forward-thinking religious school as well as the multifaceted nature of a large synagogue in West Los Angeles. You are organized, a strong communicator, and collegial. You recognize when change is necessary and aren’t afraid of the work it takes to implement those changes. You understand and embrace the importance of ongoing relationship building. You work best collaboratively, valuing feedback, clear communication, and a strong sense of community. You understand the nuances required when working with parent populations. Ideally, you may be available during the remainder of the current school year for several Sundays to shadow the current Associate Director, even if travel is necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree required. A Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the field as a site director, principal of a school, or other applicable experience required
- Staff hiring, staff training, and management experience required
- Proficient in Hebrew reading required
- Proficient in the reading and chanting of Reform T’fillot (blessings and prayers)
- Sense of humor required
- Judaic curriculum design experience preferred
- A high degree of organizational skills is necessary
- Comfortable with technology
- Work week is Sunday through Thursday during the school year.
- Hybrid work environment permitted. Sunday on-site mandatory
- Some Shabbat and Jewish holiday responsibilities during the year
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full-time exempt position with a salary range of $75,000 - $90,000
- Generous benefits may include employee health insurance package, dental insurance, FSA, life insurance, retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days
- More specific information related to salary and benefits will be provided to candidates invited to interview.
We recognize that you bring your own set of skills and experience, which may not meet all of the expectations of this job posting. If being a part of a collaborative team and meaningful community speaks to you, please apply. We are looking for the right team member, and we are willing to adjust aspects of the job for the right person.
Please send a letter of interest and resume with the subject line “I want to work at WBT!” to WBT Religious School Head of School Cathy Gordon at [email protected].