PJ Library in Southern Arizona Parent Connector Job Description
PJ Library in Southern Arizona is actively recruiting Parent Connectors to spark connections between families raising Jewish children and to create welcoming and inclusive experiences for families. Parent Connectors will nurture relationships among families, create new, low-barrier Jewish experiences, and provide PJ Library inspired Jewish content to families raising Jewish children (from newborns to 8 years old).
These connections will be facilitated through a variety of experiences, including one-on-one coffee meetups, small-scale family gatherings, and more. The Parent Connector will be the face of PJ Library in your community, whether that is a particular neighborhood, age group or interest based, creating meaningful Jewish moments for families beyond PJ Library books.
This part-time position is flexible and offers a chance to welcome and connect all kinds of families raising Jewish children. Parent Ambassadors will be mentored and supported by PJ Library staff.
PJ Library in Southern Arizona is seeking Parent Connectors who meet any one of these criteria:
- Live in the Catalina Foothills, Mid-town Tucson, or Northwest Tucson
- Has a child younger than 2, between the ages of 3 and 5, or child between the ages of 6 and 8
- Is open to creating programming around a particular interest such as hiking or cooking
A Parent Connector is:
- Someone who lives in or near one of the above neighborhoods or has a child of a particular age
- A passionate ambassador for PJ Library, sharing PJ Library with all families they encounter
- Excited to meet, welcome, and get to know parents raising Jewish children
- An excellent communicator and listener, and excels at relationship building
- Passionate about Jewish life, and excited to infuse Jewish themes into programs
- Interested in facilitating and participating in new opportunities for peers to meet each other
- Self-motivated, curious and open to new ideas
- Familiar with online communication outlets for parents in their community
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Knowledgeable about the local community’s parent resources, both within and outside of the Jewish Community. Knows where parents can be found in their neighborhood on a given day of the week.
- Understanding and respectful of the range of Jewish connection and knowledge among parents
A PJ Library in Southern Arizona Parent Connector will be paid monthly at a rate of $18 per hour and will be expected to work approximately 20 to 24 hours/month from September 2022 through June 2023. Connectors can make up to $6,000 for the year and will receive up to $2,000 for program materials and coffee conversation reimbursement.
Parent Connector Responsibilities:
- Create and implement approximately 2-3 activities/gatherings per month (e.g. meet ups at a playground, informal playgroup, library story time, home-hosted series, parents’ night, etc.). Events should be balanced between family-friendly and adults-only gatherings.
- Deepen connections with families through face-to-face meetings, phone calls, personal emails, and social media.
- Participate in an orientation session, followed by bi-monthly calls with the Parent Connector cohort, as well as at least monthly supervision calls.
- Actively share the gift of PJ Library with families they encounter.
- Collect and maintain contact information for program participants.
- Submit monthly reports to PJ Library in Southern Arizona supervisor.
- Support larger PJ Library programs.
- Available to work flexible schedule including weekends.
- Able to represent PJ Library in Southern Arizona in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to events.
Please email Jennifer Selco at [email protected] with answers to the following.
- Which of the following parent communities do you belong to?
- --Live in the Catalina Foothills
- -- Live in Mid-town Tucson
- -- Live in Northwest Tucson
- How old is/are your child/ren?
- -- Has an child younger than 2
- -- Has a child between the ages of 3 and 5
- -- Has a child between the ages of 6 and 8
- Do you have a particular interest such as hiking or cooking?
- Why does this Parent Connector role speak to you?
- How do you envision bringing families together in your demographic with a limited budget?
- What types of experiences do you think families with young children are looking for?