Teach Coalition, a project of the Orthodox Union, was founded in 2013 to solve the tuition crisis in nonpublic schools. With a deep network of grassroots activists, community leaders and lawmakers across the country, Teach Coalition is the leading single-issue advocacy network invested in the quality, safety, and accessibility of nonpublic schools and religious institutions. Teach Coalition currently operates in several states around the country, including New York, New Jersey, Florida, Pennsylvania, California, and Maryland.
The Orthodox Union (OU) is the largest Orthodox Jewish organization in the United States. Founded in 1898, the OU supports a network of synagogues, youth programs, Jewish and Religious Zionist advocacy programs, programs for the disabled, localized religious study programs, and international units. The OU maintains a kosher certification service, whose circled U symbol, ? , is found on the labels of many kosher commercial and consumer food products.
- The staff writer will be responsible for drafting content for various audiences/mediums – Teach donors, press, speaking engagements, etc.
- Writing and editing articles, press releases, speeches, emails, web copy, direct mail fundraising campaigns and more
- 3+ professional writing experience, experience at a non-profit and/or political organization is a plus
- BA/BS in English. Communications or related field of study
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Well-versed in Jewish terminology
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and take constructive feedback well
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong multitasking skills and attention to detail is a must
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is between $55,000 and $70,000, commensurate with experience.
We offer employee-sponsored healthcare, dental and vision plans.
Other benefits include:
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Jewish and most Federal holidays
- Short Fridays to accommodate for the Sabbath
- Free life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan which the OU will contribute 5% of your wage towards retirement savings after you contribute at least 2% (only eligible after 3 years of continuous service)