Hazon is a national Jewish environmental organization that works to deeply weave sustainability into the fabric of Jewish life. Through our two retreat centers (Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center and Pearlstone Retreat Center), national and regional programming, and thought leadership, we connect people to the earth, to each other, and to Jewish tradition, in order to build thriving Jewish communities and a more sustainable future for all. Our work catalyzes culture change and systemic change across the Jewish world and beyond.
Hazon intends to merge with the Pearlstone Center in 2023. In the past few months, in preparation for the merger, the organization has developed a strategic framework that reorganizes the new entity’s core activities into four divisions: Retreats, Education, Climate Action, and Resources (Fundraising and Administration Team).
The full-time MarCom Manager is a critical role within the MarCom team, ensuring planned marketing activities are aligned with organizational priorities and flawlessly executed across channels for a cohesive and consistent brand experience. The ideal candidate can be local to one of our offices or work remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
- Working with the Marketing Director, collaborate with divisions across the organization to ensure marketing is supporting divisional needs and priorities.
- Oversee creation of monthly content marketing calendar. Work with Marketing Director to ensure content calendar activity aligns with quarterly marketing plan.
- Ensure the content calendar is updated and accurate, shifting dates when needed.
Content Creation + Implementation
- Develop social media content in accordance with the content calendar, inclusive of graphics (using InDesign or other graphic design software) and text captions. The Manager is responsible for suggesting and creating content that most effectively brings the intended message to life, whether through video, GIFs, infographics, etc.
- Schedule social media content using Hootsuite, Hazon’s social media planning platform.
- When needed, draft email and newsletter content in accordance with the content calendar. Ensure content is drafted with time allotted for internal review/approvals.
- Using Hazon’s email management software, build and test all emails before deployment.
Performance + Analysis
- Track email and social performance and share with the team on a regular basis.
- Working with the Marketing Director, track performance against agreed upon goals and benchmarks. Analyze results to help guide future marketing decisions
General Marketing Support
- Provide design support (i.e. collateral materials for conferences) when needed.
- Update website when needed.
- 3 years minimum of prior experience in a Marketing and/or Communications role.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in computer skills to include Microsoft Office, including email, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn and incorporate new technologies are a priority.
- High level of written and verbal skills.
- This role will work in a fast-paced environment, so the candidate must be able to prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Experience with many of the following platforms: WordPress, Campaign Monitor (or similar email marketing platform), Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator), Canva.