Communications Manager and Assistant to the Executive Director
Congregation Beth Tikvah is a vibrant, inclusive Reform Congregation of 475 families located in Northwest Columbus, Ohio. We are looking for an innovative and dynamic Communications Manager & Assistant to the Executive Director to join our team.
The ideal candidate for this position is an integral part of the Beth Tikvah staff and is responsible for all official communication. A strong and good balance for people, communication, and organizational skills as well as the ability to attend to numerous details. This position requires the capacity to work effectively under pressure, multitask, and prioritize work assignments. Beth Tikvah is looking for someone that is interested in staying involved for the long term.
- Plan, Develop, and implement all activities relating to communications written and digital with the purpose of engaging congregants
- Well adept at using various forms of technology including Zoom, social media, office suite, editing software, Adobe Creative Clous Suite, WordPress, website management and ability to learn synagogue software
- Create and supervise mailings including preparation of annual membership, High Holidays, and other mailings. Mail merging required.
- Input, maintain and update calendar items/descriptions/images on website calendar, Daily & weekly communications, and e-blasts, digital message screens and monthly newsletter
- Ensure that Beth Tikvah’s programs and events are publicized in a timely, accurate, unified professional manner
- Provide leadership and coordinate between department staff & Board/committee members to ensure that marketing and communication efforts are coordinated, consistent and powerful messaging
- Communicate & enforce deadlines for ads & event submissions
- Ensure materials are easily accessible online and available at all events
- Serve as additional support for congregational-wide services, programs, and activities and assist in implementation and coordination of specific program or initiative coordination with Executive Director
- Welcome and engage members into the Beth Tikvah community
- Prepare and distribute press releases for targeted and broad distribution
- Oversee storage and maintenance of archived documents
- Solicit Advertising for the monthly newsletter
- Other duties as required or assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and engage well with different ages and groups, including current and new members, volunteers, and professional staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as editing and proofing skills
- Graphic art/design skills
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker and self-starter
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines with both independence and an understanding of the importance of teamwork
- The ability to recognize key issues and to develop creative and appropriate solutions while adapting to changing circumstances and priorities
- The ability to work evening meetings, programs, Shabbat services and attend all High Holy Day services to interact with staff, congregants, and guests
- Jewish background and knowledge of Jewish Resources
- The ideal candidate brings a smile to this work every day.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. 1 -2 years’ experience preferred
What We Offer
- Casual, friendly, and flexible work environment
- Shabbat/Jewish holidays off
- Employee Discount for religious school
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time off
- FSA accounts
More About Beth Tikvah
Beth Tikvah welcomes families and individuals from a wide variety of Jewish backgrounds and lifestyles as well as interfaith families. Through a foundation of prayer, adult and children’s learning, social action, and social events, we seek to engage our members, foster relationships, build community, and give people the tools to make Judaism a part of their daily lives in a safe environment for spiritual, intellectual, and cultural growth.
Congregation Beth Tikvah, serving the Greater Columbus area, is a warm, welcoming, and inclusive synagogue dedicated to educational, religious, and social activities that build community and further the cause of Judaism.
Beth Tikvah seeks to promote the enduring and fundamental principles of Reform Judaism and to ensure the continuity of the Jewish people; to enable its adherents to develop a relationship to God through communal worship, study, and assembly; and to apply the principles of Reform Judaism to the values and conduct of the individual, family, and the society in which we live.
We empower people to live and learn Jewishly and make the world a better place.