The Reform Temple of Rockland seeks an engaging, energetic, inspiring, and responsible adult to help create and grow our youth program. At RTR, we see the youth program, not as a separate entity from our Religious School, but as a partner and collaborator to help grow and deepen the connections between our kids and our community.
- Create, plan, and manage age-appropriate and compelling programs for grades K-12*
- Find opportunities to engage the unengaged
- Provide leadership training to ReTRo’s board, and facilitate their success in planning and implementing social, cultural, and community service events
- Attend NFTY retreats and encourage RTR participation
- Be a Jewish role model
- Maintain consistent communication with Youth Committee and with Clergy as necessary
- Establish regular contact (via phone, email, and social media) with children and parents
- Develop promotional materials for events
- Cultivate positive, consistent relationships with our children, teens, and their parents.
- Work with other local Jewish community youth groups to foster relationships
Skills and Requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous experience working in Jewish youth engagement through teaching, youth advising, camping, or other relevant settings
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of the Reform Movement
- Sensitivity to individuals with special needs, and experience creating inclusive environments
- Knowledge of NFTY and other URJ youth programming options
- Skilled at event planning and logistics
- Computer and social media savvy
- Confident, patient, compassionate, and outgoing
*Although RTR is hoping to have in-person events going forward, COVID restrictions may mandate that scheduled events be reimagined for zoom or outdoor programming (weather permitting) at certain points during the year.
All Candidates must be fully vaccinated and be able to pass a background check.
Candidates must be at least 21 years old. Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.