About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA's strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit an experienced fundraiser to be responsible for cultivating donors/prospects, maintaining existing relationships, and supporting the South FL campaign team in all its efforts. The fundraiser will be responsible for fundraising and overseeing Community Campaign/ General Campaign, Affinity/Board development mainly in Broward County and South Palm Beach County, programming and developing committees, synagogue and community outreach, parlor meetings with affiliates from Israel and working with the Southern Florida Fundraising team on joint efforts. Candidate will also work on attaining one on one meetings to further cultivate existing and new donors up to $5,000 (or more with experience of Major Gifts moving forward).
A typical day for you will include identifying prospective partners, meeting face-to-face and sharing the JNF story, program and event recruitment, and leadership development to help the organization meet and exceed our goals.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle for approximately 250 gift units
- In partnership with the SFL Executive Director, develop a strategy and plan for building prospect research and cultivation of existing donors in Broward/South Palm Beach.
- Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of donors, both new and prospective
- Developing and identifying major gift prospects
- Board and/or Committee development, cultivation and membership
- Providing professional leadership and management for Boards and/or Committees
- Mission recruitment
- Event Planning
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
At Jewish National Fund, we have:
- An incredible mission backed by hundreds of thousands of partners, our donors, who support the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere
- An enthralling 120-year history as one of the world's oldest environmentally focused philanthropic organizations
- An inclusive, supportive, and collaborative work culture where we play as a team, support each other and nurture creative minds
- A bold One Billion Dollar Road Map for the Next Decade that's creating infrastructure, environmental, and economic opportunities to attract 500,000 people to Israel's Negev Desert and 300,000 people to the Galilee
- An active and engaged lay leadership that supports and guides our professional team and our organization's direction
- Days off for select Jewish holidays (in addition to the secular US holiday calendar) along with "3pm Fridays" during winter
- Opportunities to visit Israel
- Top-notch Healthcare plus Dental and Vision, employer-paid Life Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability
- 403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions.