About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA's strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
We are looking for an experienced fundraiser to join the Atlanta professional team as a full-time Associate Director. This position will be based in Atlanta, Georgia and report to the Executive Director of Greater Atlanta. The Associate Director's primary objectives will be to develop relationships with prospective and current donors, to raise money for JNF's National Campaign, and to implement the short and long-term philanthropic strategies throughout Atlanta.
The candidate must be an experienced professional who is a "go-getter" and must combine sophisticated leadership with an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, results-oriented, and have a clear passion for the JNF-USA mission and for Israel.
- Solicitations, cultivation, and stewardship of existing and prospective donors via zoom and/or face-to-face.
- Identifying, cultivating, and closing major gift prospects.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- Oversee the Fundraising Campaigns in Atlanta.
- Provide professional leadership to the Women for Israel and other affinity groups.
- Plan and execute JNF events in the region, including the Breakfast for Israel and other donor events.
- Recruit for JNF's Missions (virtual and in-person) to Israel and annual National Conference
- Attend meetings and events which also take place in the evening and weekends
- When travel resumes, travel within the US, on a per-need base.
- Passion for Israel
- 5+ years of strong fundraising/sales experience with a proven track record of campaign/sales growth
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior problem-solving and multi-tasking ability
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and Salesforce/CRM experience preferred
At Jewish National Fund, we have:
- An incredible mission backed by hundreds of thousands of partners, our donors, who support the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere
- An enthralling 121-year history as one of the world's oldest environmentally focused philanthropic organizations
- An inclusive, supportive, and collaborative work culture where we play as a team, support each other and nurture creative minds
- A bold One Billion Dollar Road Map for the Next Decade that's creating infrastructure, environmental, and economic opportunities to attract 500,000 people to Israel's Negev Desert and 300,000 people to the Galilee
- An active and engaged lay leadership that supports and guides our professional team and our organization's direction
- Days off for certain Jewish holidays (in addition to the secular US holiday calendar) along with "3pm Fridays"
- Opportunities to visit Israel and provide professional support on missions and tours
- Top-notch Healthcare plus Dental and Vision, employer-paid Life Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability
- 403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions.