Young Israel of Great Neck (YIGN) is a Modern Orthodox synagogue on the North Shore of Long Island. With over 300 families, dozens of classes and Shiurim and a very active youth program, there is truly something for everyone.
YIGN is conducting a formal search to hire a new Director of Youth. We are seeking a self-starting, creative, sensitive, outgoing and creative thinking individual or couple. This couple will both have active roles in the success of the program. If desired, they can be involved in other educational and programmtic elements of the shul as well.
Youth and Teens at YIGN are a high priority. The Director of Youth develops, coordinates, implements, advertises, and oversees age-appropriate programming to facilitate a dynamic community environment for cohorts of the YIGN community from birth to 19. This includes:
- Parent and Tot
- Elementary School
- Middle School
General Programming Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing organized, safe, age-appropriate engaging programming.
- Coordination and Oversight for Shabbat Morning groups, Teen Minyan, Shalosh Seudot, Holiday events, and Parent Child Learning
- Hiring, training, supervising of Youth Leaders and Youth Leader development.
- Serve as a modern orthodox role model for the YIGN community.
- Advertise and budget for all programming in coordination with the Youth Committee.
- Create community partnerships and shared programming, including advertising and promotion of events with our community schools and charities.
- Collaborate and develop effective relationships with lay leadership, office staff, clergy, parents, and children.
- Based on skills and interests, the Director may be asked to develop, implement and support additional educational and religious programming.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working in a team environment and developing community relationships
- Understands and appreciates the value and role of programming and informal education in the shul environment
- Excellent leadership skills
- Willingness to work collaboratively with various stakeholder groups
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to lead by example.
- Proficient in leveraging social media.
- Experience with and ability to create and manage budgets.
- Experience and proficiency developing informal educational curricula for youth.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Interested applicants, please email cover letter and resume to: [email protected].