Media and Communications Coordinator
Join our team as an experienced Media and Communications Coordinator and be an integral part of the school. The Academy for Jewish Religion (AJR) is one of the pre-eminent seminaries training Jewish clergy, recognized as a pluralistic, groundbreaking, creative, institution ordaining rabbis and cantors and conferring a Master’s in Jewish Studies.
What you’ll do:
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate! AJR has recently retained a marketing and branding company to develop and implement a strategy to elevate AJR’s visibility. You will be a central collaborator in this endeavor that will impact greatly on AJR’s future. You will be responsible for our social media and communications, working in partnership with the school’s administration to curate, create, and deliver social media content.
You will also oversee the technological duties and training associated with our Zoom Distance Learning program, managing the Zoom event, program, and meeting calendars and providing support and training as needed for our staff, faculty and students.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow professionally and should be enthusiastic about working alongside a diverse and warm team of professional staff, students, and volunteer leadership. The Media and Communications Coordinator reports to the Assistant Academic Dean.
What you bring to the position:
• State-of-the-art social media skills to maintain and grow AJR’s online presence – includes content writing skills
• Proficiency to provide Zoom support and training to staff, faculty and students
• Working facility with WordPress, Constant Contact, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Workspace
• Graphics design preferred
• Video editing a plus
• Knowledge of Jewish customs and community, including Hebrew, a plus
What you’ll receive:
• Salary starting at $40,000, Monday through Wednesday position
• Paid vacation, option to buy into health insurance plan and 403b plan
• Work with a great team
• Professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
• Ability to work remotely, and the ability to work onsite with our team one day per week if you live in commuting distance to Yonkers, New York
• Possibility of position becoming full time
• AJR is closed on Shabbat and Jewish holidays.
Excited to join our team? What to do:
Email a resume, links to your professional social media content, and a graphics design sample (if you have) to [email protected].