Position: Office Manager
The Officer Manager will work closely with the Executive Director to manage the daily administration of the Synagogue. A successful candidate must be customer service-oriented who can work well with a team, using tact and diplomacy. He/she must prioritize work in a fast-paced environment so that all deadlines are met on time and with ease. He/she must represent the synagogue in a professional manner with a wide range of people including the Board, synagogue members, volunteers, caterers, and renters. She/he must be able to create a secure, welcoming synagogue environment in which congregants feel their religious, social & communal needs are addressed in a positive manner.
We are seeking a candidate with the following characteristics: warm, friendly, personable, highly organized, proactive, very detail oriented, and has strong multi-tasking skills.
Manage administrative functions of the synagogue.
Serve as our Receptionist- includes greeting, directing, answering calls.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Financial Administration with our Accounting Company, including:
- Scanning & delivering checks
- Submitting invoices
- Tracking payments
- Maintain our POS system Shulcloud is updated and accurate, with monthly account reviews and updating.
- Create new member accounts and answer questions on the phone.
- Prepare congregational mailings.
- Create monthly Minyan schedule and send out reminders.
- Send out the Yarzheit reminders and keep the database up to date, keep the ShulCloud records up to date when there is a death, assist Operations Manager with ordering plaques when needed.
- Assist with cemetery permits for burial and monuments, and assignments and sales of cemetery plots as needed in coordination with the Operations Manager.
- Prepare and schedule deliveries of new member welcome bags.
- Prepare materials for monthly board meetings Agenda, membership report and announcements, and prepare meeting folders.
- Prepare quarterly membership demographics report.
- Manage and Maintain office supplies.
- Prepare stickers for siddur/sefer dedications.
- Support The synagogue at events, working at the check/in and registration table (weekly work schedule will be adjusted accordingly).
- Manage our Office IT systems, including Website software, Microsoft Word, Zoom, Adobe, etc, office emails, phone system and update technology when needed.
- Onboard new employees, ensuring they have new emails, computers, phone extensions, etc.
- Other projects as directed by the Executive Director.
- Cover for other colleagues when they are absent
- Be a collaborator and thought partner. Be willing to “jump in” as needed, particularly during transitions and the high holy day season.
- Model and foster a positive work environment
- Understanding of Jewish rituals, life cycle events, holidays & customs
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, CRM management (ShulCloud), Zoom and social media platforms with aptitude to learn new systems and technical equipment as needed
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Exceptional discretion and judgment
- Flexible schedule when needed