Camp Ramah New England, an organization running a Jewish Overnight Camp and two Jewish Day Camps, and a member of the Ramah Camping Movement of Conservative Judaism is seeking to hire two full time individuals as (1) Registrar and (2) Office Administrator. The two positions will support the Overnight Camp program located in Palmer MA and the Day Camp located in Waltham, MA. (www.campramahne.org) The two positions will work as a team responsible for the overall enrollment process, customer service and communication, logistics coordination and the collection of forms and materials for campers and staff.
Both positions require a combination of strong interpersonal skills with strong organizational skills, in addition to great customer service instincts. Requirements include experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook, competency working with database systems, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience with CampMinder or other similar enrollment databases is desirable.
The Registrar and Office Administrator will work in our Norwood MA office from September to early June and then at camp in Palmer for the camp season (mid-June through August). Room and board provided while at camp.
- Register campers for all programs (summer and off-season) and assist parents in the application process through our online database system
- Database management; generate reports and lists
- Manage inquiries and communication with prospective families
- Customer Service: field parent questions and communicate with families in a timely manner.
- Communicate with senior staff regarding the status of camper applications
- Support staff as needed for year-round events
- Coordinate the logistics of camper and staff travel to and from the Overnight Camp
- Complete twice monthly reports for the National Ramah Commission
- Train summer employees on database (CampMinder)
- Work closely with summer staff to provide support and assistance
Salary range starts at $55,000/year, commensurate with experience. Generous PTO. Comprehensive health and dental insurance package.
- Administrative support for the camp’s senior staff and program staff
- Create mailings for camper recognition & retention (including sending birthday cards, bar/bat/brit-mitzvah certificates, etc.)
- Collect and process all camper and staff forms and documentation prior to the summer
- Support Senior Staff in managing summer staff contracts and the summer staff application & hiring process
- Serve as receptionist in our winter office; responsible for ordering/maintaining supplies and office equipment
- Additional support responsibilities including answering phones, managing mail and filing.
- Summer responsibilities- Help staff our summer office on-site at camp; administrative support, answering the phones, running lists, helping our summer staff with their administrative needs.
Salary range starts at $45,000/year, commensurate with experience. Generous PTO. Comprehensive health, and dental insurance package.
Please email resumes or write for more information to [email protected] (ACA Accredited)