Congregation Beth Shalom is an egalitarian Conservative synagogue in Clearwater, Florida. We are honored to be known as a compassionate, welcoming, inclusive and above all, loving, faith - based Jewish community. People describe CBS as “my family” and “comfortable”. Almost 200 families join together in prayer, song, education, service of the heart, and the celebration of life-cycle events in a true feeling of togetherness.
CBS offers a home where you can live your Judaism in a contemporary world, drawing on our ancient teachings and traditions. We do this with present-day understanding to create a dynamic and diverse community, welcoming you and your involvement.
Building community is an ever-present focus for CBS. We believe that for our holy community to be effective and alive, our members need to be at the center, the heart, and the soul. Engagement opportunities are continually being created through varying spiritual, educational and programmatic modalities. A full array of clubs, youth groups and committees round out the Congregation Beth Shalom community.
- Gather documents to perform data entry and analyze financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, general ledger and bank reconciliations).
- Keep track of deadlines and prioritize each task to when they are due.
- Knowledge of account and understanding accounting software.
- Implement and adhere to accoundint processes for billing, collection of membership dues, school tuition, facility use fees and accounts payable.
- Monitor invoices and expense reports.
- Maintain close communications with the Treasurer.
- Process confidential financial aid requests with the Administrator.
- Communicate confidential financial matters efficiently with Synagogue members.
- Understand payroll process and benefits.
- Assist at the reception desk as needed, including answering phone calls and greeting visitors in a professional and friendly manner.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Helpful and professional demeanor with members, prospective members, staff and visitors.
- Ability to work independantly as well as a team player.
- A high level of accuracy, high attention to detail and organizational skills. Ability to multitask.
- Data entry skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, World and Excel.
- Quickbooks Knowledge
- ShulCloud and Paychex knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent phone etiquette with stron verbal and written communication skills.
- Represent CBS in a positive and professional manner.
Education / Experiences:
- 3+ Years working in an office environment.
- Experience with bookkeeping (accounts payable and accounts receivable) and understanding accounting principle.
- Experience as a Full Charge Bookkeeper a plus.
- Experience in database management.
- Experience with payroll processes, benefits and time sheet entries.
- Experience with or willingness to learn about Jewish congregational or organizational life, or a similar non-profit organization preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to : [email protected]