The Brandeis School is a Modern Orthodox Jewish Day School, established in 1930, located in Lawrence, NY serving approximately 220 students ranging from Nursery 2 through 8th Grade.
Our team is seeking role of STEAM teacher (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) for Grades PreK-8.
The STEAM teacher will be responsible for developing learning activities and hands-on material. The STEAM teacher will identify resources, plan, and design staff development activities to support professional growth in learning technologies.
The teacher will also participate in professional development experiences that allow him or her to observe, evaluate and apply the use of technology to support instruction.
The duties and responsibilities of the STEAM teacher involve instruction directly related to STEAM and computer science in our STEAM Center/Technology Lab.
To ensure success as a STEAM teacher, candidates should have a strong quantitative background, have good written and verbal communication skills. Applicants should have excellent classroom management abilities and engage students with the subject matter.
STEM Teacher Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to model, deliver, and craft rich student-centered learning experiences around Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and implement strategies for incorporating STEAM experiences into multi-disciplinary curricula from grades PreK through 8.
- Collaborate with teachers and staff, modeling consistent effective teaching with technology, engagement, lesson plan design, use of technology, STEAM and online tools.
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of the connection between technology, computer science, and other fields of study.
- Understand and be able to design, develop, assess, and manage STEAM curricula and learning experiences.
- Identify, implement, and investigate software in both classroom and administrative environments that will enhance the lesson.
- Using learner data to constantly refine your curriculum.
STEM Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEAM field.
- State teaching license in the relevant field.
- Knowledge of STEAM best practices.
- Empathy and great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Expert level of technology and 21st century learning understanding and application.
- Experience (or familiarity with) tools such as, but not limited to: 3D printing, autocad, Codecademy, Tynker, BeeBot, Microsoft Office, Adobe software, and Google Education.
- Previous experience as a STEAM or Computer Lab teacher.
- Good classroom management skills.
In addition to the tasks outlined above, it is the responsibility of the STEAM teacher to:
- Understand and support our school’s mission and promote a positive image of the school.
- Contribute to a harmonious school atmosphere by working cooperatively with all colleagues.
- Respect the confidentiality of private information relating to students, colleagues and the operations of the school.
- Demonstrate responsibility and punctuality.
- Show willingness to consider and implement suggestions for improvement.