Temple Beth Elohim (TBE) is a vibrant Reform Jewish congregation in Wellesley, MA with vision, mission and values that hold welcoming and community building at its core. The Membership Coordinator works closely with temple clergy and staff to represent TBE through personal outreach and programs for those actively seeking to join a congregation. The Membership Coordinator also partners with the Caring Connections professional and volunteer team to create and implement initiatives that welcome new members and help them feel connected to our community.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are warm and engaging, welcoming, caring, and supportive. You are energized by starting a conversation with someone you don’t know. You genuinely enjoy getting to know people and connecting them to others and to opportunities they might appreciate. You take pride in representing our community to others. You are collaborative and generous of spirit.
IN THIS ROLE:
- As Membership Coordinator, you will make a significant contribution to the growth and warmth of our community by:
- Communicating and connecting with staff members, existing congregants, and potential new members, whether they be individuals, couples, or families.
- Connecting with new and existing members to ensure they are aware of opportunities at the temple that fit their passions and enable them to connect with other congregants.
- Stewarding TBE members on their Jewish journey towards shalom (peace/wholeness).
- Leading, supporting, and managing our membership recruitment, engagement, re-engagement, renewal and retention efforts.
- Maintaining a strong presence at temple events so you are a familiar face to all.
- Partnering with the Caring Connections professional and volunteer team to create and implement initiatives that welcome new members and engage long-time members to help them feel connected to our community.
- Proactively reaching out to prospective members, welcoming them, and connecting them to TBE members, clergy, staff and experiences.
- Accompanying prospective members through all steps of the new member process.
- Maintaining and updating new member materials and the membership application process.
- Creating and implementing programming that fosters relationships and community building.
- Supporting temple leadership in implementing membership engagement strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- A love of people and relationship building
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with computers, particularly Salesforce, a plus
- Available for regular night and weekend temple services, projects, and programs, including on High Holy Days, Shabbat, and other Jewish holidays.
- Compensation based on experience, salary range $48,000 - $60,000
- Paid time off, as well as several paid holidays
- 80% covered health insurance for family or individual plan; vision insurance and long-term disability insurance are included, dental insurance is offered
- Flexible spending account (FSA) toward medical, dental and vision available
- Retirement savings plan (403b) available
- TBE membership
- Bagels! Lots and lots of bagels
- Hours vary, may require work on some weekends and evenings
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to: Susan Karon, Associate Director Caring Connections, [email protected]