Associate Director of Marketing, Alumni
Hillel International is seeking an Associate Director of Marketing, Alumni to leverage digital marketing and technology platforms to deepen Hillel’s connection to hundreds of thousands of Jewish college graduates and construct the world’s largest Jewish career and alumni network.
We’re looking for an expert digital marketer and content creator, preferably with experience growing and managing online networks, who can develop platforms and materials that speak directly to recent college graduates and young alumni. This position sits at the intersection of marketing, digital engagement, and online community management, with the opportunity to envision and create a new way for young Jewish professionals to enhance their connections to each other, and the broader Jewish community.
As part of our focus on connecting with Jewish college graduates around the world, this position will also be responsible for working with our Technology Services department to oversee the creation of a Hillel digital alumni network with our technology partner, Graduway.
This position will report directly to the Director of Student Marketing, and is fully remote. We’re seeking the best candidates, regardless of where they live and work.
What you'll bring to the job:
- 6+ years of professional work experience, preferably in digital media and/or marketing
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in marketing, communications, or similar field
- Proven track record of creating successful marketing campaigns across a variety of digital platforms, including email, social media (paid and organic), and/or closed digital networks
- Expertise with email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, or Marketing Cloud
- Experience working with technology partners, IT departments, and vendors to develop new technology platforms and products, with a specific target audience(s) in mind
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Experience in digital or online community management a plus
- Desire to launch and grow a new platform or product, to bring it into the world and grow it to new heights
- Experience developing an editorial strategy for a brand, school, program, or nonprofit organization.
- Proven ability to write, edit, and create content for different audiences, mediums, and contexts
- Sophisticated knowledge of audience metrics and analytics to improve marketing and engagement outcomes (experience with Google Analytics or similar platforms)
- Fluency and familiarity with Jewish history, topics, and themes
- A team-oriented approach to work, a strong work ethic, stellar organizational skills, a sense of humor, and an ability to take risks and learn from challenges
What you'll own and how you'll spend your time:
- Strategy – Working closely with members of the Marketing and Communications team and other colleagues, plan and execute a digital content and marketing strategy to enable Hillel to create connections with Jewish college alumni in the United States, Canada, and around the world.
- Content Development – Following a regular cadence (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly), create content that appeals specifically to graduating students and young alumni, focused on their articulated interests; including careers, mentorships, internships, networking, social activism, and more.
- Project Management and Platform Launch – In collaboration with our technology partner Graduway and Hillel International’s technology services team, lead the creation of Hillel’s alumni networking and career mentorship platform in the fall of 2022 for a launch in early 2023 (January/February). This platform will enable alumni to network with one another, to find Jewish mentors in their chosen fields and industries, and to play a mentorship role to current students who are seeking guidance and advice on their career journeys. In addition to the global Jewish alumni network, participants will also be able to join sub-groups specific to their college or university. This position will be responsible for project management, launch, and promotion of the new platform.
- Campus Partnership and Programming – Develop deep collaboration with local Hillel affiliates to help enhance their programmatic offerings to alumni at the campus level. This will include creation of programming guides, marketing and content templates, pilots involving 5-10 campus Hillels, and sub-groups on the Hillel alumni network.
What you'll get out of it:
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Salary range: $75,000-$90,000/year
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
What we're about:
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for 100 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and fosters an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 850 colleges and universities, and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
Please apply at www.hilleljobs.com by clicking on "Current Openings." Contact [email protected] with any questions.
Hiring Process and Timeline
- Applications will close on August 18th at 5pm PST
- The formal interview process will begin the week of August 22nd and conclude by Sept 23rd.
- We hope to have someone in place by the middle October
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants should include a copy of their cover letter and resume in one document when applying for this position. Please upload this document as a word or PDF file. When you upload the document, the system will create an unformatted version of your resume as a snapshot in your application. The formatted version of your resume will also be attached to your application, and will be used during the hiring process.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.