American Friends of The Hebrew University (AFHU) was founded in 1925 by the American businessman and philanthropist, Felix M. Warburg. A national not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) organization headquartered in New York City, AFHU raises awareness of and support for The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel's research powerhouse and most accomplished institution of higher learning.
Through the philanthropic leadership of American Friends from coast to coast, AFHU helps the university to recruit and retain an outstanding faculty, build teaching and research facilities, provide scholarships and fellowships, and advance basic and applied research in myriad vital fields.
AFHU's national and regional programs, events, and missions to Israel promote greater appreciation of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem's breadth and scope of achievements, and the university's pivotal role in educating leaders for the State of Israel.
By nurturing one of Israel's greatest natural resources -the intellectual strength of its people - AFHU helps The Hebrew University to improve human health, foster agricultural innovation, spearhead breakthroughs in brain science and illuminate the world through the humanities.
General Description of Duties:
The Event and Development Coordinator is responsible for the management and coordination of Western Region events (including Orange County, Las Vegas, San Diego and the Desert) and will report to the Executive Director. The position will be a member of the Development Staff with responsibility to help staff achieve its fundraising goals for the campaign.
Job Duties & Specific Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Primary responsibility of planning and executing fundraising and educational events including assisting in identifying honorees and preparation of event budget;
- Being an active part of the development team that executes an integral plan to meet regional and national fundraising goals;
- Conceptualize new and exciting programs for outreach to expand the donor base;
- Plan and implement annual donor recognition event;
- Oversees and coordinates event journal fundraising and production;
- Solicit prospects and donors for contributions in connection with fundraising events;
- Research appropriate venues, dates and costs for events and negotiate agreements with vendors;
- Coordinate event logistics, publicity, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution;
- Develop and maintain event mailing lists;
- Perform and coordinate tasks related to mailing lists, reservations and seating;
- Assist in the development and editing of invitations, basic event marketing, and advertising materials;
- Track and perform diligent follow-up with Direct Mail donors;
- Manage vendor relations for invitations, marketing, events etc.;
- Develop and create timelines, agendas and scripts for events for team review and approval
- Work with and further develop alumni committee to plan programs and solicit alumni for support;
- Plan and schedule Hebrew University faculty speakers for educational programs;
- Serve as liaison for Visiting and Sabbatical professors and dignitaries, including coordinating travel arrangements;
- Compose correspondence and thank-you letters for educational programs and fundraising events;
- Other projects as assigned.
The successful applicant will have:
- A BA degree, a master’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of non-profit organization experience which includes event management and programmatic experience
- Extremely strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook email program
- Strong internet browsing/research skills
- Good working knowledge of social media platforms
- Ability to organize and prioritize work for multiple staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and pleasant, outgoing demeanor
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively and positively with others
- Project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Intrinsic self-motivation
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of the team and individually
We are an equal opportunity employer.
AFHU offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to Medical and Dental Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403B Retirement Savings Plan, TransitChek Program, Employee Assistance Program as well as a generous time off/holiday policy.
To apply, please visit: http://www.afhu.org/careers