Congregation B’nai Jeshurun (TBJ) a thriving synagogue with almost 1,300 families, seeks an experienced and personable Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordinator for an exciting new dual role to provide support in meeting the needs of the administrative team in all aspects of their work at TBJ and ensuring a relational engagement with those who support it.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this role will also support the Director of Operations, Director of Finance, Director of Strategic Advancement, and the Associate Director of Member Engagement. This role will have regular interaction with our Clergy and Education teams.
Executive Assistant (approximately 60% of time) responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the team in meeting their administrative needs, including responding to urgent and emergent issues, maintaining calendars, scheduling appointments, and facilitating all correspondence.
- Providing assistance for programs and events.
- Supporting office supply and IT needs.
- Other administrative related tasks as assigned.
Marketing Coordinator (approximately 40% of time) responsibilities will include:
- Creating marketing material for events
- Creating weekly email newsletters
- Supporting the Associate Director of Engagement in editing the quarterly Tidings newsletter
- Updating website
- Other marketing related tasks as assigned
The successful candidate will possess keen attention to detail, follow-through, and dependability.
This position requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and proactively, all with a degree of professionalism and confidentiality
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Agility with basic computer and online skills, including Microsoft Office, Canva and other communication platforms
Desired but not necessary:
- Knowledge of synagogue life, Judaism, Jewish holiday cycle
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years equivalent work experience preferred
This is a full-time position. The expected hours are M-F 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM and Friday 8:30 AM– 3:30 PM
Some overtime may be necessary especially leading up to High Holy Days and major events.
Full Benefits including Medical, Dental, Disability, 401(k), paid vacation.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]