Congregation Shearith Israel is a warm, welcoming, and dynamic Conservative synagogue with approximately 1000 families located in the heart of Preston Hollow area of Dallas, Texas. At Shearith, we strive to be a caring, inclusive, sacred community that is committed to providing pathways to enrich our members Jewish lives, elevate their souls and embrace their Judaism.
We are seeking an experienced full-time Youth Education and Family Center Associate, who will assist the Director of Education and the Director of the Family Center in developing relationships and outreach to families, planning programs, and handling administrative duties within the departments.
Programs - Family Center and Religious School:
- Coordinate with Directors/Rabbis in planning and executing Family Center and Religious School programs, services, and classes.
- Work with the Directors/Rabbis on outreach to families, developing relationships and making families feel connected to Shearith. Liaison with committees, as needed.
- Maintain and update all family lists, including family members, addresses, emails, etc. Organize and maintain student files and all registration forms for the Religious School.
- Ensure that menus and setups for programs, services and classes are communicated and executed correctly, including AV/Tech needs and assisting in classrooms, as needed. Prepare, buy, and create materials.
Correspondence, Communication and Calendaring:
- Create weekly emails and other communications to keep families up to date and informed. Help create or coordinate information being prepared for the website, Facebook, videos, or photo sessions.
- Make sure any birth announcements are included for an appropriate Mazel Tov emails and news magazines. Assist in proofing and obtaining rabbinical approval on information in the emails and news magazines.
- Manage schedules, to ensure everything has been put on the master calendar, Director or Rabbi’s calendar and information is relayed to the appropriate people within the staff and families, etc. Schedule appointments using Outlook and other calendar management systems. Reconfirm all appointments the day before.
High Holy Days:
- Secure babysitters (North and South locations) and collect W9.
- Maintain the registration list of all the children including allergies, emergency contact info, and services attending.
- Setup the designated rooms, provide activities and snacks.
- Work during RH day 1 and 2, Kol Nidre and Yom Kippur.
Purchase Orders, Invoices, and Miscellaneous:
- Prepare purchase orders for any supplies as needed, any meetings or programs planned that have a cost associated with them. Prepare invoices/check requests for any needed reimbursements, donations, expenditures.
- Prepare baby naming certificate for the family and obtain data the Rabbi needs for any ceremony, prepare birth checklist, and add new babies to data base files.
- Cross-train with Senior Rabbi Assistant, to cover some of his/her duties while on vacation and days off, as well as backup on Lifecycle events, as needed.
- Secure receptionist for Religious School on Sundays, Shabbat babysitting, and liaison with child-care providers. Assist others on the staff support team, as needed, and cover the reception desk on rotation.
The regular weekly hours for this position may require attendance during Sunday Religious School, and staying until 6:30 on Tuesdays and Wednesday, during the school year. Also, attending/staffing certain services, programs, or events throughout the year, including weekends and weeknights at times. Time off during the week will be arranged to make sure a 40-hour week is all that is worked. Competitive salary and generous benefits package are offered.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience providing programmatic, educational, and administrative support, should have some proficiency with Zoom/Facebook/Constant Contact/Digital Marketing/Microsoft Office products, and have some familiarity with Jewish tradition. A friendly presence, professionalism, team spirit and positive attitude are essential.
To apply, send cover letter, salary history and resume to Kim West at [email protected]