Who we are:
Jewish Gateways is an open, diverse and innovative Jewish community in the East Bay. Our family-based learning program, Growing Together, meets twice a month on Saturday mornings in Berkeley. Children and parents participate, learning both together and separately, which helps create a positive atmosphere.
We are seeking teachers for our creative family-based learning program during the 2022-2023 school year. The program meets from September through June. Teachers who are excited about sharing Jewish tradition with children and are passionate about education that is meaningful, active, differentiated and family-centered are encouraged to apply.
Competitive salary that is commensurate with experience
Requirements & Skills:
- Experience working with students pre-k through 5th grade
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Jewish traditions and values and how they might connect with family life
- Ability to engage children in creative activities
- Desire to be part of a team that is building a diverse and nurturing community
- Commitment to kind and professional communication with parents and other staff members
- Ability to support the creation of a joyful Jewish learning environment
- 90 minutes of teaching and 60 minutes of supervising at our family-based learning program, Growing Together on Saturday morning, twice per month:
- 10:00 - 12:30 (teaching 10:30 - 12:00)
- Create lesson plans in consultation with the family learning director
- Attend staff meetings and professional development
Please contact Rabbi Stephanie Kennedy with questions or for more information, or send your resume and a brief letter describing your interest to [email protected]