Entry level, full-time,
Salary $40,000-$45,000 based on experience
Beth Torah is a conservative Synagogue. Our mission is to increase understanding and involvement in Jewish life and living. We strive to build a community that will be there for each other during the highs and lows of life and have a deeply rooted responsibility to address social justice and other issues in the broader community
The primary role of this position is to implement best accounting practices and procedures and make sure that all billing statements, accounts payable and receivable are processed in a timely manner. In addition, perform a variety of duties that require precise attention to detail and a high level of organization.
- Knowledge of accounting and understanding of accounting software
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions
- Responsible for entering daily deposits and accounts payable
- Monitor all accounts and ensure they are up to date.
- Assist all members and school families with any questions pertaining to their account.
- Work with other department personnel on accounting reports as needed.
- Helpful and professional demeanor with members, prospective members, staff, and visitors
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- A high level of accuracy, high attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Data entry skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to problem solve
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft 365, Word, and Excel
- ShulCloud knowledge is a plus
- Excellent phone etiquette with strong verbal and written communication skill
- 3+ years working in an office environment
- Experience with bookkeeping (accounts payable and receivable) and understanding of accounting principle
- Experience in database management
- Experience with or willingness to learn about Jewish congregational or organizational life, or similar non-profit organization preferred
- Must be available to work during standard business hours (Monday-Friday) and will be required to work some evening and or weekend for special programs during the year.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and commensurate with experience
- A generous benefits package
- A stable and professional work environment