Director of Development
Temple Beth Elohim, Wellesley Massachusetts
Temple Beth Elohim (TBE), a large, active, warm and inclusive Reform congregation, seeks a seasoned Director of Development to join our Senior Leadership Team. The successful candidate will enjoy working with clergy, staff, lay leaders and members to support and strengthen this vibrant Jewish congregation.
The Director of Development is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating fundraising activities to successfully meet annual and endowment goals and does so in collaboration with key members of the Senior Leadership Team. With the support of a development associate, the director oversees the Development Operation at TBE including, but not limited to: Derech L’Atid, TBE’s Endowing Our Future Campaign; the TBE Fund (a million-dollar annual campaign); Major Gift cultivation; L’Dor V’ Dor Planned Giving Society; and other fundraising events throughout the year. The Director works closely with Temple lay leaders in planning and implementing these activities including: the board of trustees, the board endowment committee, and the development committee. The Director is an active team member in making strategic decisions affecting current and future planning for Temple Beth Elohim.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities with individuals to support TBE’s annual campaign, planned giving, capital and endowment needs.
- Collaborate with clergy and senior team on all institutional priorities
- Lead and work collaboratively with TBE Board of Trustee’s President and Vice President of Development to achieve yearly philanthropic objectives and reach financial goals.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and the legacy society - the L’Dor V’Dor Society.
- Lead the expansion of the Planned Giving Program.
- Develop and implement strategies to cultivate the next generation of Major Gift Donors.
- Builds and manages a yearly donor recognition program that includes dedication events and planned giving programs.
- Determine the feasibility and need to proceed or pause the traditional annual fundraising event
- Works in collaboration with the communications team to actively communicate strategies and updates via email, monthly bulletins, and the website.
- Manage a full-time Development Associate.
A strong and successful candidate will have five to ten years of philanthropic activity coordination and fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred in non-profit management, Jewish communal service, or related discipline
- Strong background in annual giving and endowment building including soliciting and closing gifts with donors
- Strong organizational, management and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Creative, innovative, strategic thinker
- Is a genuine, warm and effective colleague who works well with a close-knit, collaborative team
- Passionate about strengthening the Jewish community
- Proficient with relevant technologies including development research tools, search engines, and salesforce or a similar database
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed
At Temple Beth Elohim (TBE), we come together from more than 40 towns and all stages of life to engage in a diversity of Jewish learning, activities, and pursuits. Bringing together more than 1000 member families, we are united by our passion for spiritual growth, learning, caring for one another, and making the world a better place. We are dedicated to embracing the diversity of needs and perspectives of our community members with the utmost respect as we aspire that “All our paths lead to shalom.”
Please submit your resume to the Stephen Ashkinos – Executive Director of Administration and Operations.