Elementary General Studies Educators for the 2022-2023 School Year
Westchester Day School, a thoughtful community of educators, seeks experienced, energetic, compassionate, and collaborative mensches and educators to contribute their strengths to our journey forward. Candidates should have strong curricular and pedagogical knowledge, excellent interpersonal skills, humility, drive and a commitment to supporting students’ learning. Please take advantage of this opportunity to join our dedicated and dynamic staff.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Established in 1948 in Mamaroneck, NY, Westchester Day School, a Modern Orthodox, co-educational, dual curriculum Jewish elementary school (2-year-olds through 8th grade), prepares students to live as mensches and lifelong learners and inspires them to impact the world around them by cultivating a commitment to Torah, midot, community and academic rigor.
- Developing curriculum and units of study that span across content areas and integrate learning in a meaningful way.
- Supporting learners academically, socially, and emotionally.
- Using a wide variety of teaching strategies to differentiate instruction to support a range of learners.
- Engaging in professional development opportunities in school and beyond.
- Creating a positive and supportive classroom community that gives students voice and choice.
- Communicating and collaborating with other classroom teachers, Director, School Psychologist, and Social Worker.
- Observing, assessing, and analyzing data on student performance and keeping records on students’ progress.
- Communicating with parents regularly about curricular goals and student progress.