Hillel Texas A&M
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining Texas A&M Hillel as the Engagement Associate. You will build one on one relationships with students, coordinate awesome events, and help inspire students to make a commitment to Jewish life . Texas A&M is a small, but vibrant community of active and committed Jewish students.
You'll wake up each day (or at least most) and be genuinely excited and enthusiastic about creating an inviting place that encourages students to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives. This is so much more than your average 9-to-5.
What You’ll Do
- Actively contribute to shaping Texas A&M Hillel
- Collaborate with students and colleagues to develop, market and facilitate programs
- Meet with students from different cohorts and demographics on campus to engage them, identify their interests and connect to opportunities
- Plan and facilitate bi-weekly meetings with members of the student Board
- Recruit for Birthright Israel trips
- Support student-initiated programs and serve as a Jewish resource to students and various groups on campus
- Identify uninvolved/under-involved student populations and develop strategies for contacting and engaging them
- Attend programs, including evenings, Shabbat, and holidays
- Build individual relationships with students and expand overall student engagement to reach every one of the estimated 300 Jewish undergraduates
- Connect students with a variety of opportunities including Hillel leadership positions, Jewish life including jobs and internships, Jewish trips abroad, travel to Israel (including Birthright), Jewish and Israel-related conferences, and more
- Attend weekly 1-on-1 supervision meetings
- Be accountable for the program budget related to engagement work
- Other duties as assigned and needed when working with a two-person staff
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- 0 -2 years’ professional work experience
- Bachelor's degree
- A passion for student engagement work and an appreciation for the importance reaching of every Jewish student
- Thoughtfulness and intentionality
- Great attention to detail and strong project management skills
- An authentic love of pluralistic Jewish living and learning.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a team-oriented approach
- Clear communication and interest in entering feedback loops with your supervisor and students
- Leadership skills
- Excitement to continue developing your own relationship to Judaism.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $44,000 - $48,000
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Texas A&M Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.