The Torah School of Greater Washington (TSGW) is an Orthodox Jewish day school for boys and girls in Kindergarten through 6th grade. We pride ourselves on the warmth and professionalism of our staff, our attention to the cultivation of good character traits, small class sizes (gender-separate classes in grades 1-6), and our high academic standards. We are seeking a passionate, dynamic Music Teacher to join our elementary school faculty for the 2022-2023 school year.
Come Join our TSGW Team – where we strive to nurture and develop each child academically, socially, and spiritually.
To be successful as a music teacher at TSGW, you should be able to:
- Plan age-appropriate music activities for children in K-6th grades
- Provide instruction using creative, challenging, and fun musical activities, to coincide with Yomim Tovim and year-round
- Teach students musical concepts and lead choir classes and activities
- Implement effective classroom management and time management strategies
This is a Part-Time position. Each class would have Music Class with you once every two or three weeks. Your schedule to teach Music Classes is flexible! If you are the right candidate, we will work with you to plan out the optimum schedule!
- Bachelor's degree in education, music, or music education
- 2 or more years of teaching experience, in an Elementary/Middle School setting
- Jewish music education experience a plus, but not required
- Demonstrated excellent classroom management skills required.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: [email protected]