Manager, Israel Action Program (IAP)
We are looking for a passionate and creative professional to serve as Manager in Hillel International’s Israel Action Program (IAP). The top candidates will understand how to effectively engage students and campus community members around proactive Israel programming and use relationship building skills to mentor and support Hillel professionals. The manager will work closely with Hillel International and local Hillel professionals to develop Israel educational and engagement programming and to effectively respond to anti-Israel catalysts on campus, with an emphasis on smaller campuses and those with limited staffing and resources.
The IAP Manager will report to the Director of the IAPand act as a member of the IAP team. This position can be based at Hillel International offices in Washington, DC. or NYC (when our offices reopen), or can be remote. We have a strong preference for someone located in the midwest or southeast - especially when travel resumes. When travel resumes this position will be expected to travel about 40% of the time. The salary range for this position is $60,000-65,000.00.
What You’ll Own
- Provide support for a cohort of smaller campuses, helping them develop and implement Israel education and engagement programming
- Develop proactive educational programming specifically geared towards smaller Hillels
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with pro-Israel partner organizations on a local and regional level
- Serves as campus consultant for Hillels facing crises and catalysts, as needed
- Develop joint programming opportunities for multiple Hillels, including international programs
- Manage programs designed to engage Hillel student leaders around proactive Israel programming
- Develop and implement a wellness program to support Hillels facing anti-Israel and anti-Semitic activities on campus
What You've Accomplished
- Understanding of the Middle East and Israel’s current affairs
- Experience in informal education
- Experience in the Jewish communal/non-profit world
- Some proficiency in Hebrew
- Experience working with Israelis and or other cultures
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- 4-6 years’ experience working in a related field
- Flexible and willing to learn “on the fly”
- Outgoing relationship builder
- Consensus builder: demonstrated experience with navigating various stakeholders
- Community organization skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Comfortable with work ambiguity
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects tasks at the same time
- Interest and personal connection to Israel
Salary and Benefits
The salary range is $60,000-$65,000. Hillel has a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off for Jewish and federal holidays, an informal “take what you need” vacation policy, and flexible work from home policy. In addition, employees are enthusiastically encouraged to take advantage of professional development opportunities through Hillel U or our partner organizations.
Hillel has a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off for Jewish and federal holidays, an informal “take what you need” vacation policy, and flexible work from home policy. In addition, employees are enthusiastically encouraged to take advantage of professional development opportunities through Hillel U or our partner organizations.
Time Zones and Workplace
We are a remote team, open to hiring anyone based in North America with eligibility to work in the United States. We have a flexible work schedule, which aims to support our employees in maintaining maximally successful professional and personal lives. That said, we expect our employees to keep regular hours that are mutually agreed upon by the employee and their supervisor. While this position is remote, there are semi-regular in-person gatherings, training, and conferences that we expect our team to fully participate in. Hillel’s headquarters are in Washington, D.C., and we have satellite offices in New York and San Francisco.
A note for current Hillel professionals: Current campus professionals may apply, and if a current Hillel professional is the finalist, we will work with them and their campus/supervisor to navigate a smooth transition on a mutually agreeable timeline. We are prepared to share time and resources during the transition so that a field colleague can wrap up their work on campus as they transition to a position at the SIC. We are open to considering other options that best support your campus, while working towards filling this important role for the Hillel Movement as a whole.
The IAP Manager reports to the Director of Israel Action Program (IAP) and will work collaboratively with other members of the IAP team.
What We’re About
Hillel International is the largest Jewish campus and community-based organization in the world serving the college-age population. Working with hundreds of thousands of students globally to help Jewish students make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel, Hillel serves students at more than 550 colleges, universities and communities.
As an equal opportunity employer, all individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
If you’ve read this and thought this is you, this might be you, or this is sort-of you -- please apply! If you have questions, or want to know if you’re the right fit for this position, reach out to [email protected] (Talent) or Emily Strober [email protected].
Hiring Process and Timeline
- Applications will close on August 9th at 5pm EST
- The formal interview process will begin on August 1st and conclude by August 29th.
- We hope to have someone in place by the middle of September.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.