HILLEL INTERNATIONAL AT SUNY GENESEO CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Coordinator of Jewish Student Life
JOIN CAMPUS AUXILIARY SERVICES AT SUNY GENESEO!
SUNY Geneseo Hillel is searching for a dynamic Coordinator of Jewish Student Life who will engage student leaders and ensure the success of our exciting program. The candidate should have experience developing diverse initiatives, planning events, and working collaboratively to support, empower, and inspire college students. The Coordinator of Jewish Student Life will develop creative strategies to engage students in programs that support Jewish education, and Jewish life on campus and in the larger community. Applications accepted through April 10, 2023.
ABOUT HILLEL INTERNATIONAL
SUNY Geneseo Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life.
For more information about Hillel International, visit Hillel.org.
Hillel has a strong presence on the campus of SUNY Geneseo, with well-established community connections and wide support from the Jewish Federation of Rochester who plays a key role in the funding of this Hillel. This position expands upon a rich tradition of engagement by empowering student leadership, inspiring an interest in Jewish life, and aligning Hillel’s strategies with Geneseo’s culture of collaboration.
- Coordinate, implement, and evaluate Shabbat and Jewish holiday programming and observances on campus, in active collaboration with students
- Ensure meaningful and diverse opportunities for Jewish expression, and consistently promote a welcoming and lively pluralistic Jewish community
- Recruit, mentor, and support Student Executive Board
- Support and attend student initiated programs, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Identify uninvolved/under-involved student populations and develop strategies for contacting and serving them
- Manage student information systems in the Hillel Engagement and Relationship Tracking (HEaRT) database; maintain records of engagement, programs, and attendance for Hillel’s Measuring Excellence
- Serve as a member of the InterFaith Center Board of Directors, on the President's Commission on Diversity & Community, and on the Bias Prevention and Response Team (BPRT).
- Participate in Hillel Global Giving Week, an online fundraising platform
- Conference participation to ensure you are connected and growing as a Hillel professional.
- Other duties may be assigned to reach individual and organizational goals.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, history, and tradition
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal relationship building
- Written/oral communication
- Punctuality and attendance
- Planning and organization
- Flexibility in schedule
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or combination of equivalent education and experience (by position start date)
- Previous professional work and/or volunteer experience, preferably in a Jewish organization and/or working with college age adults
- Experience working with large diverse groups is recommended but not required
- Extensive computer use
- Ability to travel
SCOPE AND DIRECTION
- Reports to: Director of Multicultural Affairs
- Direct Reports: None
- FLSA Status: Part-time hourly (average 20 hours per week; ~44 weeks)
- Career growth opportunities
- My Better Benefits discount services
- Hourly rate of pay is $20.00
In support of the ADA, this job description lists only the responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Campus Auxiliary Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression and/or identity, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.