Director of Student Services:
Ben Porat Yosef, located in Paramus, NJ seeks a Director of Special Services for Grades 1- 8 to begin during the Summer of 2023. Ben Porat Yosef has recently received prestigious dual accreditation from the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools and The Middle States Association. This is a great opportunity for a talented, experienced professional to impact student learning and success. This role works collaboratively with teachers, students, parents, and providers towards a common goal of supporting students' needs in remediation and enrichment.
The Director of Student Services is responsible for overseeing and supervising the Student Services/Learning Center program and staff. The Director of Student Services coordinates the planning, implementation, and evaluation of individual and small group academic support in order to meet the needs of each child, individually in both General studies and Limudei Kodesh. Additionally, the Director of Student Services is the liaison between the school, parents, Bergen County Special Services, and outside providers for the identification and evaluation of students with learning disabilities and the implementation of service plans and related services. The Director of Student Services guides the parents and is the main advocate for the students.
Experience and Skills, Dispositions, and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Special Education
- At least 5 years of teaching experience
- Experience creating and implementing curriculum
- Experience with multiple approaches, programs, and assessment tools such as Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System, Orton Gillingham, Multi-Sensory Math, Tal Am
- Strong work ethic, excellent organizational skill, team player, flexible thinker, patient, and “can do” attitude
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively to students, parents, teachers in a warm, nurturing and helpful manner.
- Proficient in using Google tools and other technology
Candidates are welcome to submit a CV to Rabbi Saul Zucker at [email protected]