Temple Gates of Prayer (TGP) is an egalitarian Conservative synagogue located in Northeast Queens, New York. We are seeking a part-time office assistant to work in person. TGP provides religious, social, educational, and cultural programs for our 100 member units. We are looking for a professional, friendly, hard-working individual who can work independently.
Roles and responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Work closely with the office manager to organize and publicize programs.
- Interact with the congregation’s members.
- Assist in creating the monthly calendar that lists all programs, services, holiday celebrations and classes.
- Help to maintain the member database in our ShulCloud software.
- Assist in coordinating and supporting all calendar based Jewish life events and programs, such as coordinating the distribution of High Holiday tickets, Mishloach Manot, Rosh HaShanah honey project fund raising, Maot Hittim fund raising communication, and Yarhtzeit reminders.
- Prepare and distribute daily email communications with our congregants and the community using Mailchimp and Constant Contact.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Work with vendors to provide kiddush for Shabbat and holiday services, and shivah meals
- Work with the Bookkeeper on various projects.
- Other sundry tasks as needed.
- Minimum 2 years office experience
- Strong customer service attitude
- Proficiency with ShulCloud, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Google Drive, Mailchimp, Constant Contact a plus
- Ability to multitask, work with deadlines, and balance the priorities of various internal and external situations
- Proficiency in scheduling and organizing Zoom meetings as both host and administrator
- Some knowledge of Hebrew, Jewish holidays and customs
20 hours per week
Salary range is $18,000 - $20,000. Benefits are 2 weeks paid vacation.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please, no telephone calls.