Wanted: Music Director/Cantor
Temple Kehillat Chaim, a Reform Congregation in Roswell, Georgia is looking for a music leader that is energetic, engaging and skilled, and who will bring our community together through music.
Come join us. Build lasting relationships with our amazing community of friendly, welcoming people. We’ll value your music and your ideas.
Our ideal candidate is great with people of all ages, familiar with Reform Jewish worship and music, and plays the guitar. Cantors looking for a part time position are encouraged to apply.
Specific responsibilities include weekly participation in religious school on Sundays, B’nai Mitzvah morning worship services, leading the adult and junior choirs, co-leading worship on Shabbat, Jewish festivals and High Holy Days.
Salary up to $45,000 for an average of 10 hours per week. Some weeks may be more, others less depending on the calendar of Jewish holidays and b’nai mitzvah. Salary will depend upon experience and education.
Please send resume and cover letter to Lori Dreffin, Search Committee Chair at [email protected]
Music Director Responsibilities
High Holy Days
- Assist in planning High Holy Day services, including working with Rabbi and Adult Choir for all services.
- Direct the Adult Choir participation in the High Holy Days, including overseeing choir rehearsals and assigning parts to individual choir members.
- Co-lead Selichot Services.
- Co-lead all Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services
Non High Holy Days:
- Approximately 40 Friday Night Services
- Approximately 10 Saturday Morning Services
- Holiday Services and Celebrations (Non-High Holy Days) to include, but not limited to, Simchat Torah, Sukkot, Chanukah, Purim and Passover Seder. Purim to include 4 rehearsals.
- Junior Choir
- Lead Jr. Choir, which includes leading rehearsals on Sunday and directing Jr. Choir at Family Shabbat and holidays, possibly including Simchat Torah, Chanukah, Purim, and Passover.
- Religious School
- Possibly a Hebrew tutor, includes singing/chanting
- Music teacher for Little Mensches-2ndGrade
- Assist Tefilah for 3-7thGrade
- Meet with Rabbi as needed to plan and prepare for services and programs.