The position has responsibility and authority for the development, implementation, and maintenance of all Agency financial related systems. To provide leadership and direction to the accounting, accounting management information functions, and information Technology. To protect Agency resources and to ensure that resources are used in the most efficient and effective manner possible. To ensure that Agency fiscal reports are timely and accurate.
This is a senior-management position. The position is responsible for all Financial, Information Technology, and Risk Management operations.
At least ten years of paid full-time experience including supervisory experience.
The position requires a B.A./B.S. in Accounting or Finance. An MBA or CPA is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide supervision and oversight of Finance and Information Technology.
- Responsible for the fiscal operation of the Agency.
- Responsible for oversight and development of Finance Department, and Information Technology staff
- Initiate, develop and maintain agreements regarding insurance, grants, contracts, and other business areas.
- Keep informed about trends within the Agency and wider community that may impact the Agency. Make necessary administrative, fiscal, and business recommendations to the President/CEO. Prepare quarterly reforecasts of annual Revenue and Expenses compared to actuals and original budget.
- Develop, implement, coordinate, and evaluate Agency procedures related to risk management.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial reports for the board of directors and related committees.
- Coordinate the collection of data, worksheets, and reports for external auditors.
- Collaborate with Agency Leadership and Directors to develop Agency business budget.
- Collaborate with Grant Writer and Program Directors to develop budgets for grant proposals.
- Perform treasury functions to ensure adequate funds exist in operating and payroll accounts to meet obligations and maintain required reserves.
- Coordinate with Investment Committee to invest operating and endowment funds into various securities in accordance with Agency Policy and recommendations of the Investment Committee.
- Supervise the maintenance of the General Ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll systems.
- Review and analyze the Agency budget monthly for finance committee with Board review and with President/CEO. Prepare quarterly an updated annual forecast of revenue and expenses. Prepare monthly cash flow report.
- Prepare all budgets for funders according to the time schedule determined by the President/CEO
- Ensure all taxes are paid on time and all payroll compliance reports are submitted on time.
- Assure that the personnel leave records are maintained. Keep track of leave and vacation time liabilities.
- Maintain records of all property.
- Keep current on all relevant tax codes pertaining to property, tax exempt organizations, and benefits.
- Proficiency in MIP Fund Accounting.
- Review actual program financial results measured against budgets with Program Directors monthly.
- Review and approve all contractual commitments of the Agency.
- Oversee matters related to the Agency medical and retirement plans, including all necessary regulatory filings
- Oversee and maintain relationship with outside Auditor(s)
- Review and approve Agency annual tax returns
- Identify, review, and monitor relevant performance measures.
- Provide leadership and support to the Chairs of the following committees: Finance, Risk Management, Audit and Investment.
- Evaluate and recommend technology updates and platforms required for financial operations and integration with all departments that participate in development, billing and record keeping for credentialing and licensing.
- Responsibility for the quality of Agency fiscal systems.
- Evaluate and monitor Agency programs, procedures, and fiscal practices to keep these current and effective. Make recommendations to the President/CEO
- Collect data and prepare ad hoc reports as necessary for program evaluations, budget reviews and statistical analysis.
- Review, adjust and monitor all Agency internal financial controls.
- Responsible to receive and review all Agency critical incident reports.
- Responsible to support the Risk and Safety Committee meeting.
- Responsible to update Critical Incident Reporting Policy as necessary.
- Make recommendations to President/CEO regarding Safety and Risk issues.
- Annually, provide a detailed, written Risk Assessment Report to the President/CEO
- Review for coverage and adequacy all Agency insurance policies
- In coordination with Director of Information Technology, ensure that Agency hardware is replaced on a reasonable rotating schedule.
- Oversee network security through use of appropriate firewalls
- Develop ideas, proposals and recommendations for new methods and share these
proposals with the President/CEO, Board and staff.
- Implement new methods and services which increase revenue and save expenses.
- Prepare, implement, and update the fiscal sections of the Agency’s long range
Review staff requests for purchases and make recommendations within the constraints
of available resources and the Agency budget and/or related grant budgets.
Represent the Agency at designated organizations or community activities. Participate in local, regional and national committees or groups related to Agency practice.
A high level of skill in administrative, fiscal and computer skills is required.
- Strong senior level leadership skills to be a member of the Executive Team for the agency.
- Senior level managerial skills to lead and direct the finance staff.
- Capacity to inspire high quality work and productivity
- Above average communication and writing skills are required.
- Above average ability to make oral presentations and respond to questions from and
to Board Members, current and prospective donors and other constituencies.
- JFCS training as required.
- All COA-specific and JFCS required trainings.
- If licensed, CPE training as required.
Classification: Exempt. Requires five days per week in the main office.