Founded in 1998 by Hadassah: Women’s Zionist Organization of America, the Hadassah Foundation was established to bring increased attention and resources to issues pertaining to women and girls and promote gender equity in Israel and the United States. The foundation is at an exciting and pivotal time in its history, aiming to double its grantmaking and grow its influence in the field of Jewish women’s philanthropy. For additional information, visit hadassahfoundation.org.
The Hadassah Foundation (“the foundation”) is seeking a Manager of Programs and Communications who will be instrumental in implementing the foundation’s newly designed strategic plan and creating a communications and branding strategy. The position will manage grantmaking activities, as well as increase the organization’s visibility and audience engagement. This position reports to the director of the foundation.
COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
- Take a lead role in the creation and implementation of the marketing and branding strategy. The strategy will support the foundation’s mission and showcase the success of the foundation and its grant recipients. This includes the development of:
- A strong and clear value proposition,
- Strategic marketing materials with unique and relevant branding,
- Information and supports for staff, board, and grantees to amplify the foundation’s brand, and
- Upgraded communications channels, including website and email communications.
- Lead the foundation’s ongoing social media strategy and grow its presence.
- Manage the ongoing communications and branding for the foundation. This includes developing and implementing an annual communications plan, managing the online and print communications channels, and updating and editing marketing materials.
- Work with the director to manage the foundation’s grantmaking processes. Tasks may include:
- Review grant applications and field questions from applicants,
- Help plan and facilitate grantmaking committee meetings in partnership with Grants Co-Chairs, and
- Communicate with grant applicants as appropriate to inform them of their status in the grants process.
- Manage relationships with grantee organizations. Tasks may include:
- Review grantee organizations’ progress toward intended goals and help identify and share grantee organizations’ successes and lessons learned,
- Communicate with grantee organizations, as appropriate, to provide resources, assistance, and facilitate partnerships, and
- Identify and pursue synergies between grantee organizations located throughout Israel and the United States.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special projects. Projects may include: fundraising events, educational programs, and grantee convenings.
- With the direction of the Director, maintain regular communication with and draft correspondence for stakeholders. Correspondence may include: grantee organizations, current and former board members, donors, and other organization partners.
- Work as a team with the board of directors, grantmaking committees, grantee organizations, and other organization partners. Collaborate with others as needed to prepare, facilitate, and conduct follow-up of programming, meetings, and events.
Education and Experience
- Minimum B.A. or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant professional experience.
- Professional experience in marketing and communications, and specifically social media.
- Professional experience in planning and implementing programs.
- Working with diverse audiences, including board members and donors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High degree of motivation and ability to work independently as well as part of a small, close-knit team.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and priority setting.
- Enjoy brainstorming and experimenting with bold, new ideas.
- Possesses an understanding of and commitment to gender equity in Israel and/or the United States.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and capable of drafting content and developing visuals to effectively convey impact and data.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and sufficiently prepare for programs, meetings, and events.
- Familiarity with Zoom, Constant Contact (or similar email platform), WordPress, and online databases.