WHO WE ARE
Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies (Schusterman) strives for a future in with the United States and Israel live up to their ideals and achieve more just and inclusive societies. We work to advance racial, gender and economic equity in the U.S., as well as to foster a more joyful and diverse Jewish community. In Israel, we work toward a secure homeland for the Jewish people, a thriving democracy and an inclusive society that cares for its most vulnerable. We aim to drive and support long-term systemic change through investments in leaders, organizations and U.S. public policy.
The Program Assistant (PA) is a member of the Atlanta REALITY team, which is part of the larger US Grantmaking team, located in the Schusterman’s Atlanta GA office. The PA will have the opportunity to support the implementation of strategic initiatives related to REALITY recruitment and alumni engagement. The PA will support REALITY recruitment, administration of alumni microgrants, administration of journey and alumni surveys and assist with operationalizing alumni engagement.
For more than a decade, the REALITY Experience has brought inspiring changemakers on a formative journey to Israel to strengthen their leadership, to ignite their passion for repairing the world, and to deepen their understanding of and connection to a unique and complex country. Learn more about the Schusterman REALITY Experience program at https://www.schusterman.org/jewish-community/signature-initiatives/reality-experience.
Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
REALITY Israel Journey Recruitment (40%):
- Assist with the recruitment and selection process:
- Research potential candidates and review lists by industry.
- Create a digital toolbox to support recruitment efforts.
- Create and send recruitment emails to leads.
- Create program reports, dashboards, and program records in Salesforce.
Program Content (20%):
- Assist with planning and logistics for hub and community programs (both in person and virtual).
- Assist with planning and logistics for global travel and immersive experiences.
Communications, Technology, and Administrative Support (20%):
- Ensure all participant data is updated in Salesforce.
- Track REALITY alumni engagement, program participation, and partnerships in Salesforce.
- Prepare reports, analyses, and information summaries related to initiatives for the team’s review.
- Act as the team “historian” for select projects, documenting meeting notes and outcomes and storing final versions of program materials and journey photographs.
Leadership Development/Advisory Board (10%):
- Assist with logistics and communications for the Advisory Board including:
- Plan monthly meetings.
- Coordinate calendars.
- Send invites.
- Prepare meeting materials.
- Arrange all meeting logistics for in-person meet-ups.
- Compile data for meetings.
Evaluation and Learning (10%):
- Liaise with Evaluation and Learning team on annual REALITY alumni surveys.
- Follow up with REALITY alumni and survey partner to ensure we meet completion rate goals.
- Assist with the collection of and reporting on key survey findings from REALITY programs.
- Liaise with tech on data collection and reporting.
- Assist with the design, execution, and analysis of program and staff evaluations and other tasks as needed.
COMPETENCIES NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Building productive relationships with colleagues and REALITY alumni.
- Demonstrating a commitment to valuing equity and diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Supporting and organizing activities and projects effectively and efficiently.
- Maintaining a clear perspective between the overall picture and the details.
- Demonstrating a high-level attention to detail.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgement, and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- 1-3 years direct experience with data entry and analysis, data. Programmatic experience within nonprofit and/or philanthropy a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
- Experience (college and/or internship) with project management, strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative and effective working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, colleagues, grantees partners REALITY participants and alumni and the general public.
- Analytical and research abilities necessary to use data to assist with development of strategic decisions.
- Proven skill and comfort in prioritizing, multi-tasking and efficiently delivering high-quality work product.
- PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge and comfort of social media and basic web skills. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10% and internationally up to 10%.
Competitive salary band of $70,000 - $80,000 based on experience and Schusterman’s commitment to internal equity. A strong benefits package is also included. Schusterman encourages ongoing professional development and supports activities aligned with one’s individual career growth plan. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Schusterman promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.