POSITION: Program Associate, Aish Detroit
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Managing Director
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $40,000 - $45,000, depending on experience
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Aish Detroit is an innovative organization that makes it easy for Jews to connect with their Judaism. We create excellent Jewish experiences that are consistent, beautiful, innovative and educational. Many of our programs, like our Mom’s Mission and the Man’s Seder, have been replicated worldwide and have impacted thousands of families in Detroit and across America.
COMMITTED TO OUR CORE VALUES:
- We are non-judgmental
- We are a Halachic organization
- We make personal connections
- We have a growth mindset
The Program Associate will fill a variety of roles at Aish Detroit, which will lead to the seamless execution of events and increase participant and donor involvement. The candidate will be responsible for implementing established procedures for rolling out programs, and the coordination of back-end administrative aspects of programming and development. This position reports directly to the Managing Director and is a new position. The Program Associate plays an important role by providing technological support to the small, but mighty Aish Detroit team, and participating in all programming activities, including marketing, communications, and donor cultivation. The optimal candidate is highly proficient in Salesforce, Jotform, Wix Media, Mailchimp, Google Suite, and social media platforms.
ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain up-to-date participant records in Salesforce.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate and foundation donors.
- Support the Executive Director in preparing materials for grants and other funding opportunities.
- Maintain excellent relationship with vendors.
- Assist team members in planning and producing programs and events.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for programs and events.
- Manage back-end technologies for all events: Salesforce, Addevent, Jotform, website, social media.
- Manage and organize photo and video content obtained from events.
- Enthusiasm and passion for the mission and values of Aish Detroit
- An extrovert with a drive to develop meaningful relationships with a wide variety of people.
- An interest in nonprofit management and programming as a profession.
- 2+ years of proven experience in marketing, administration, or a similar role.
- Experience working in a nonprofit, including the development, communications, or volunteer office is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suite.
- Database management experience required – Salesforce, Jotform, and Wix preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
You are a self-starter, who is data- and deadline-driven, and you have the ability to multi-task with solid organizational and time-management skills. In addition, you are technologically savvy and have the ability to see programs through from start to finish. Moreover, you have the ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing. While working, you are able to organize and prioritize your tasks, and you are able to work independently with little supervision. At the same time, you are comfortable in a flexible, open work environment, you thrive on great teams, and have excellent interpersonal skills. People say they are impressed by your friendly demeanor and ability to build relationships with a variety of people. Finally, you are seeking an opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven environment where innovation and core values guide the decision-making, and the team leads by example.
- Flexible work from home and office
- All Jewish holidays off
If you are the ideal candidate, please email resumé and cover letter to Jen Friedman - [email protected]