Israel on Campus Coalition (ICC) is leading the work to counter the delegitimization of Israel on campus. ICC inspires American college students to see Israel as a source of pride and empowers them to stand up for Israel on campus. Our role in this effort is to unite the many pro-Israel organizations that operate on campuses across the United States by coordinating strategies, sharing in-depth market research, and increasing collaboration.
ICC is seeking an energetic, motivated, creative, and hard-working research professional to play a central role in special research initiatives. The Research Associate will collaborate with the Director of Research and Analysis on the collection and analysis of data and the development of research products. Additionally, the Associate will be the primary staff person to administer and conduct necessary formal research regarding the state of Israel on university and college campuses. The ideal candidate will have proven analytical skills, a passion for Israel, advocacy, and the Middle East, and a high degree of familiarity with the Israel-related campus landscape.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Functions:
- Researching and analyzing trends on campus
- Contextualizing and interpreting research findings related to larger ideas, topics, and trends within the campus Israel environment
- Contributing to the creation of research reports and comprehensive research updates
- Acting as a liaison between ICC’s research department and other departments across the organization
- Monitoring local and national media and creating summaries of content as relevant to organizational research
- Provide recommendations to strengthen program impact and overall organizational strategy
- Assisting with larger research projects in collaboration with colleagues across the organization
- Participating in the development and maintenance of ICC’s internal database
- Helping to identify and pursue new research tools, products, and resources
- Recruiting and managing ICC’s research interns
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-3 years of related experience
- Proven interest in Israel, advocacy, and Middle East politics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- A creative, entrepreneurial, and open-minded temperament
- Experience with campus advocacy
- Familiarity with Israel and the Jewish community (preferred)
- The ability to effectively use a database management system and other relevant technology (preferred)
- Firm understanding of research design, polling, and statistics (preferred)
- Proficiency in Google Apps Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Research Associate”