Administrative Assistant, Congregation Beth Israel
Congregation Beth Israel, a small Jewish synagogue serving Chico California and the surrounding area, is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant. The assistant will provide administrative and organizational support to our warm and friendly Spiritual Leaders and Board of Directors, and will interact with members of our community in a welcoming, professional manner. Strong organization and technology skills required.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as first point of contact for congregants, potential new members, and visitors (answer phones, respond to email queries, greet and direct people)
- Manage synagogue calendars
- Assist with synagogue communications (weekly electronic bulletin, social media postings, correspondence to membership, hardcopy mailings, etc.)
- Manage various membership databases and lists
- Manage front office (maintain office equipment and supplies)
- Maintain vendor list and work with vendors as needed
- Run errands and make purchases for synagogue
- Open and route all incoming mail
- Work with volunteers
- Complete a variety of additional administrative tasks for Spiritual Leaders and Board of Directors
The Successful Candidate:
- Works well with a wide variety of people
- Writes and proofreads well
- Knows how to use a variety of computer applications
- Learns quickly and adapts easily to change
- Takes initiative
- Uses discretion with sensitive and confidential information
- Is familiar with synagogue or church settings (a plus but not required)
- Has knowledge of Judaism (a plus but not required)
The assistant will work 15-20 hours per week. The salary range is $17-20 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to [email protected].